Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jirka
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik: are you crazy?

Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:14 am

Mikrotik are you crazy?
1 / Micro USB connector for power supply.
Q: How many thousands of RMA do you need to be a classic Jack?

2 / Why we still do not have a hAP with SFP port. The nearest SFP + LAN + WiFi device is RB 2011.
This RB is expensive, so we have to buy another manufacturer - Huawei. Nice

3 / New: no barcode on the device.
Q: why the classic code on the device - S/N is canceled? For example, we have to rewrite the serial numbers for hAPac2. Beauty.

4 / Sometimes Mikrotik made a bad RB - :).
DSC_0004.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Mikrotik: are you crazy?

Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:16 am

1. Many MikroTIk devices already have USB for power
2. We actually do, the hAP ac has SFP
3. All products have barcode on device, what do you mean?
4. What?

Jirka
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:40 am

Thanks for the anwers,
1/ Micro USB connector unreliable. Mounting it in another RBs does not increase its reliability. It's a stupid (no clever) solution.
DSC_0210_.jpg
2/ No cheaper solution than 2011 (129USD) https://mikrotik.com/products/group/wir ... and-office
3/
DSC_0209_.jpg
4/
DSC_0004_v2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blingblouw

Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:52 am

Thanks for the anwers,
1/ Micro USB connector unreliable. Mounting it in another RBs does not increase its reliability. It's a stupid (no clever) solution.
DSC_0210_.jpg
2/ No cheaper solution than 2011 (129USD) https://mikrotik.com/products/group/wir ... and-office
3/
DSC_0209_.jpg
4/
DSC_0004_v2.jpg

Regarding the serial number, it is there, its just stored as a QR code. you need to get a 2D label scanner. it works fine

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:50 am

Only my 5 cents: sometimes available solution doesn't fit requirements 100% ... so you have to adapt. And nobody forces you to use "lite" model, you can always go for "real" model (yes, the price tag is different).

Surely you can complain about lack of solution which would be perfect for your need, but you should still maintain profesional attitude without reverting to childish name calling (I'm referring to the title of this thread). Your own opinion about device features is not the only one and (I might add) neither it's the most relevant.

Jirka
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:53 am

Hello,
So I understood:
1 / - micro USB as power supply is OK. No future changes.
I will therefore continue to make RMA from our customers just because we do not want to switch to a reliable connector.
2 / We will be shopping from Huawei HW so far - this situation no device with SFP + LAN + WiFi equipment takes many years. Rather, different types of equipment will be produced instead of 1 proper (1 full, 1 lite)
3 / barcode - we will overwrite the box and device labels manually. The distributor for the Czech Republic did the same job. I will tell employees to think of Mikrotik when rewriting codes. The idea of storing a label as a QR code is not possible because in the system/routerboard is S/N

Have a nice day

Jiri
PS:future changes of this cost almost nothing, but make a lot.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:58 am

1. Or switch to higher end device, if you are not happy. MikroTik devices can be purchased also with Jack, like stated above
2. Did you not see above recommendations?
3. QR code has S/N. Just get any normal scanner like this https://www.amazon.com/REALINN-Handheld ... 70&sr=8-16