Community discussions

MikroTik App

MrdotApple
Topic Author

Wall mounted Acces point?

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi!
One of my friend bought a CRS 328 switch with 24 poe ports...

He is using 7 camera on it now...
Now, he wants to improve his network, and his plan to buy some CAP ac, but... He doesnt have cable on his celling, only on his walls about 1,2M high.

Will cap AC works well on the walls too? Is there any better solution?

This is not a big house, but it has floor heating, and the wifi doesnt really go cross this, (3 floor building), so my idea to buy 3 device for each floor which works well with the capsmanager....
Maybe better to use wAP, than cap ac?

Thanks for your help!

joarc
just joined

Re: Wall mounted Acces point?

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:10 pm

As the two antennas have different radio arrays, it is possible that one of them will give better wifi coverage and speed, it is hard to tell really without testing, but as it is intended to be mounted on a wall, i would say a wAP ac would look better.

MrdotApple
Topic Author

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:21 pm

As the two antennas have different radio arrays, it is possible that one of them will give better wifi coverage and speed, it is hard to tell really without testing, but as it is intended to be mounted on a wall, i would say a wAP ac would look better.

Yeah I was about this, but thats why I asked, maybe somebody has some experience with wall mounted access points, because now I was on a phone call, and no way to have it on the celling.

My idea to buy one from both device, and test which is better in this situation, and than after its tested buy more from one of them.

krafg

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 am

cAP AC is a little device, but very powerfull!

I never used wAP.

Regards.
If you want to know my network, you can find it here.

MrdotApple
Topic Author

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:59 pm

cAP AC is a little device, but very powerfull!

I never used wAP.

Regards.
I asked my friend to buy one cap AC and one hap AC, on the next week it will arrive, and I will test it, after that I will give some feedback, maybe somebody else will have the same problem. :D
If one of them is better he will send back the another one and request two from the better one. So its win - win situation.

LSan83

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:23 am

I'm using WAP AC on the walls and they work very well. I don't have CAP AC to compare (i founded used WAP AC at a good price... Easy choice :D ).

erlinden

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:02 am

I think both will work just fine! I have the cAP ac indoors and the wAP ac outdoors. Preferably you have line of sight for best performance, mine is at around 80cm and works absolutely fine.
First the problem, then the solution

mada3k
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:07 pm

I have my wAP AC on the wall. Works great.
Manages some CCR's, RB750Gr3, RB922 and wAP's