Community discussions

MikroTik App

suran
just joined
Topic Author

CRS328-4C-20S-4S+RM Lock-up

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 am

We have a number of CRS328-4C-20S-4S+RM deployed in production, running 6.47 ROS as FTTP terminator switches, with a mixture of Maxxwave MW-1315-SM-US SFPs in sfp1-20 and c1-4 to customer premises.

We are finding that these switches are periodically locking up. When the switch locks up, the sfp-sfpplus interfaces go link-down, and nothing further happens until the switch is physically power cycled. Logging to disk shows nothing except normal operation followed by an unexpected reboot message. Watchdog does not automatically reboot the switches.

The config on the switches is relatively trivial - simple vlan tagging towards client devices with vlan filtering enabled. One thing I have observed is that a switch can sit stable for an extended period of time, and only acts up after SFPs have been added.

At a loss for how to continue troubleshooting since there are no error messages. I was hoping this was a bad device, but we've observed this behavior on over 10 units now, so I suspect it is something more.