Community discussions

MikroTik App

wesleyna
just joined
Topic Author

Powerbox Pro - no POE

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:34 pm

We recieved a new batch of powerbox Pro's this week. When I setup the one it reports that its a Hex POE and not Powerbox Pro, though the model number is 960PGS. The big issue is that it is not providing POE out, nor is it giving me the POE menu tab in windbox interface menu.

Do I have a dud powerbox or wrong factory config on the board?

Elans
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Powerbox Pro - no POE

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Hello, please write an e-mail to support@mikrotik.com providing supout.rif file from described device.

stamatis123
just joined

Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Just installed a second unit with the exact same problem! I though the first one was an accident, but now I see a pattern!

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 pm

PowerBox Pro is a HEX PoE, but with outdoor enclosure.

In my signature you can see that I also use a PowerBox Pro, not a HEX PoE.

Regards.

StephenL
just joined

Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:26 pm

We recieved a new batch of powerbox Pro's this week. When I setup the one it reports that its a Hex POE and not Powerbox Pro, though the model number is 960PGS. The big issue is that it is not providing POE out, nor is it giving me the POE menu tab in windbox interface menu.

Just received a Powerbox Pro with the same issue. I just emailed support but was wondering if this ever got resolved for you?

wesleyna
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:31 pm

Just received a Powerbox Pro with the same issue. I just emailed support but was wondering if this ever got resolved for you?
Another one in the order I received gave the same issue, so thats 2 in a batch of 4. Spoke to my supplier and I can return it for a replacement under warranty confirmed by Mikrotik. I think there was a batch of bad powerbox Pro's that came out. I have decided to keep them though as use them as regular 5 port RB's, its cheaper than shipping back to my supplier and getting the replacements and ordering regular 750G's or similar.

On a side note, I also received a MantBoxPro19 that does not power up via POE, straight out the box. That I have to to return though as its useless to me without POE, though a different supplier.

FezzFest
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:58 pm

We also received a batch of OmniTIK 5 PoE ac's recently that identified themselves correctly, but did not have PoE out. PoE tab was missing in winbox.

StephenL
just joined

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:16 pm

Thanks, heard back this morning from Mikrotik support to RMA it.

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:04 pm

Same problem here.

I pulled two of the Mikrotik PowerBox Pro units from my inventory ( still in the un-opened boxes ). Non of the ethernet interfaces have any POE-out setting ( POE does not show up in the Winbox menu on the ethernet ).

Grrrrrr ..... #!fkit-!!!

QA inspection and testing on these products prior to shipping from Mikrotik appears to be lacking or non-existent.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:56 pm

Just thinking: is this RouterOS/firmware related ???? The PowerboxPro identifying as hEX PoE appeared from a certain RouterOS version onward AFAIK.

Powerbox Pro's here are OK. Running RoS 6.45.6, but announcing as "hEX PoE (mipsbe)".also. WinBox used is v3.24. PoE tab on ethernet interfaces except ether1.
FYI only.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:55 pm

Sad news, I have two units on my network working fine (except I can't see now on Winbox voltage and temperature, on CLI is working fine). I'm running 6.48.

Regards.