Community discussions

MikroTik App

w1avp
just joined
Topic Author

LHG LTE

Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:22 pm

I have a LHG LTE with a R11e-LTE-US modem running V6.47.3. I have a internet connection most of the the time but a few times a day is seams like the modem locks up and i can not open any new pages or links. When this happens i can still ping internet ip addresses and website names. My son can also can still watch youtube on a laptop but can not open any new websites on all devices on the network. If i enable and disable the lte interface or reset usb once the modem resets all traffic works. What am i missing? Has any one seen this before? Is there a limit of connections on the R11e-LTE-US modem that i can not see in windbox?

neutronlaser

Re: LHG LTE

Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Check log

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Hello,

Please first enable logs by:
/system logging add topics=lte
Next do reboot and wait for problem. when he exist then grab logs to file by:
/logs print file=mylogs.txt
And upload us that file.

w1avp
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:45 am

I just enabled the log of the LTE. I will upload the file when it does the anomaly again. what i am trying to figure out is what is causing it to either fix it or have it run a script to reset the lte interface when it does this. I find it odd that i can ping 8.8.8.8 , clients1.google.com and conduct searches on google but can not open the links.

Thank you for the help

jebz

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:07 pm

It sounds like a DNS issue. What router and client device DNS settings do you have?

w1avp
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:17 pm

Sib So it done it at some point last night here is the log file.

jebz That is what i first thought and changed the dns from isp to google opendns. Right now i am back to ISP dns since i restored the LHG to defaults. The only thing i have changed is the APN and enable LTE logs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:58 pm

That's logs are from midle of working mikrotik.
Please check if your module/modem firmware is

R11e-LTE-US v16.02.183961

and you not provide me a time of occur problem and I not know what part of logs are with a problem.

Please do that howto: Watch LTE parameters: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153622&hilit=watchdog#p768105
who give you a possibility to log changes at primary band, enB, earfcn with phy-cell-id.
This should be very helpfull in your case.

in script please change first line from
:local watchItems pin-status,functionality,registration-status,current-cellid,enb-id,sector-id,phy-cellid,access-technology,primary-band,ca-band
to
:local watchItems enb-id,phy-cellid,access-technology,primary-band

and generate new logs with infmarion when the problem happend.

w1avp
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:20 pm

SiB

I exported the logs when i could not browse the web. The problem i have is i don't know exactly when it goes down. i will try to catch it as soon as it happens.

I also set up the script with the enb-id,phy-cellid,access-technology and primary-band running once a minute.

The version on the modem is R11eL_v16.02.183961

I am not convinced the modem is working properly. The at-chat commands on the R11e-LTE-us is very limited. I tried to run the AT*Band\? command to see the configuration and i get a output error. I am tempted to replace the modem with something that i can configure in ROS or terminal.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:00 pm

w1avp
I exported the logs when i could not browse the web. The problem i have is i don't know exactly when it goes down. i will try to catch it as soon as it happens.
Your logs show me only that in few minutes you use the same band with earfcn 650 with pci-cell-id 006 and module see many other bands/pci to connect.
Maybe he hop/change tower/antenna and thats you have problems.
Problem what you have is similar to device who non-stop change towers and his sector antennas and cannot stay connected, you see a session and band is still up but example at zoom.us you have non stop litle breakes and logs look like that:

I also set up the script with the enb-id,phy-cellid,access-technology and primary-band running once a minute.
In post the scheduler is a watchog, if he detect the script not exist or is more then 1times running then he do action to keep 1 running script at time.
Script with proper name just do a loop and he works non-stop, try not run this script every minute because you kill your ram probably, use that way I write at post.

I am not convinced the modem is working properly. The at-chat commands on the R11e-LTE-us is very limited. I tried to run the AT*Band\? command to see the configuration and i get a output error. I am tempted to replace the modem with something that i can configure in ROS or terminal.
Band selection/locking not work for R11e-lte-us check: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=152114&p=801544&hil ... nd#p750573
This module connect automatically and you cannot change his policy. I help in USA LTE little ISP and we use EC25-AFX, EC25-AF, EP06-A, m.2 adapter + pigtails + EM12-G and they are most proper work for USA.

w1avp
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:38 am

SiB
I think you figured out the issue. I happen to be on the computer when it failed. i looked at the logs and the phy-cell-id changed between 3 bands 9 times in 7min. i will enable the watchdog scheduler and remove the lte logs to see if we can get data over a longer time.
I looked over the modems you suggested i think i am going to upgrade with the EP06-A The Cat 12 is a little out of the budget and the LHG only does 100mb Ethernet. I think you did a topic on setting one up. I can not believe that no one in the us sells them oh well i will get one from hong kong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:15 am

eNB is not change, means not change at Towers, means you still at the same tower but migrate between it sector antenna.
You maybe try move your lhgr to right/left (the litle) and maybe then more often will be used that sector who is faster and stable for you.
This is only trick what I can give you.

P.S. in system > logging you add the topic=lte, you can change it to topic=lte,!async,!raw - the output will be more clear

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Also is helpful paste here your config to check that all configs are OK.

Use command "export hide-sensitive" on terminal.

Regards.