Community discussions

MikroTik App

aashishpune
just joined
Topic Author

RBM11G PCIe USB mode switch

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi, This is my first post on the forum. I am working on RBM11G to use it with Quectel EC20/ EC25 LTE mini PCIe card. My understanding is that the card works on USB mode. On RouterOS we have to disable PCIe functionality and enable USB. Does anyone know what exactly happens when this is done? Like which GPIO is switched?
I wish to install openwrt on RBM11G and use EC25 there as we need to install some Linux based applications for remote monitoring of sensors over LAN. But the modem is not getting discovered as mode switch gpio is unknown.

Please help or guide me to a right place.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RBM11G PCIe USB mode switch

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:25 pm

I am working on RBM11G to use it with Quectel EC20/ EC25 LTE mini PCIe card.
My understanding is that the card works on USB mode. On RouterOS we have to disable PCIe functionality and enable USB. Does anyone know what exactly happens when this is done?
What mode you use at EC25, if MBIM then you must use RouterOS v7.
What you means USB mode? You probably insert it at mPCIe and you not must change any USB port type ? You probably have as default mPCIe for LTE devices, more info here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:U ... _port_type .

We can help if you have RouterOS still installed at this RouterBoard.
We not support here any stuff with not RouterOS.

aashishpune
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:27 pm

What mode you use at EC25, if MBIM then you must use RouterOS v7.
What you means USB mode? You probably insert it at mPCIe and you not must change any USB port type ? You probably have as default mPCIe for LTE devices, more info here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:U ... _port_type .

We can help if you have RouterOS still installed at this RouterBoard.
We not support here any stuff with not RouterOS.
I am using EC25 is QMI mode.
I understand that being Mikrotik forum, you would support RouterOS, however, my question was generic in nature.
In the link you just shared, it is mentioned that one can set usb set type using following routerOS command : /system routerboard usb set type=USB-type-A mini-PCIe
I wanted to know which MT7621 GPIO is controlled when this command is run on RBM11G board.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:56 pm

aashishpune
I wanted to know which MT7621 GPIO is controlled when this command is run on RBM11G board.
What gpio you refer ?
at ROS usb bus is in mPCIe mode and working with out-of-box with ADB/ECM/MBIM and it's all we need to know.
OpenWRT/ROOTer solve that problems and you can use that RBM11G with LTE modules - ask them if you want found a under ros stuff.
Or debug RouterOS by yourself, ask support@mikrotik.com if this is related with ros.
Or ask a SoC vendor if you referer to his own gpio - true? This should be your first point of searching answer.

frank333

Mon May 24, 2021 2:39 pm

GPIO9