Community discussions

MikroTik App

janar
just joined
Topic Author

SIM slot on wAP LR8 (LoRa) kit

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:36 am

I found that the Mikrotik wAP LR8 kit (LoRa) has a SIM-slot and according to the specs, it has a modem, but there are no details what kind of connectivity the kit supports. I'd like to know whether it supports 3G and/or 4G and which bands. We plan to use some of the devices in different countries, so we want to know, if and where we can deploy these gateways.

xvo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SIM slot on wAP LR8 (LoRa) kit

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:44 am

The sim slot is there to be used if you swap LoRa card for a 3G/4G modem card.
The kit is basically a wAP R device + LoRa card, so no modem included, and there is no way to use both (modem and LoRa) at the same time.

janar
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:16 pm

The sim slot is there to be used if you swap LoRa card for a 3G/4G modem card.
The kit is basically a wAP R device + LoRa card, so no modem included, and there is no way to use both (modem and LoRa) at the same time.
Understood, thank you very much! We'll look into other options then to get cellular connectivity.

fui86
just joined

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:17 pm

This thing is absurd. There are no datasheets, outside the datasheet on the site where they talk about sim slots. We bought this router now, now we will have to buy an external modem.
Sounds really crazy to me.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:33 am

This thing is absurd. There are no datasheets, outside the datasheet on the site where they talk about sim slots. We bought this router now, now we will have to buy an external modem.
Sounds really crazy to me.
? The specification not say about LTE MODULE https://mikrotik.com/product/wap_lr8_ki ... ifications
Yes, this device have a SIM slot bcs you can replace mPCIe (1xslot only) LoRa card to other lte unit and have LTE&WiFi*Eth unit.