Community discussions

MikroTik App

achirkov
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik hap ac2 not working after softwate update

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi!
Yesterday I bought a Mikrotik hap ac2 device. Configured a firewall, rebooted mikrotik (all works fine) and after that i decided update my system to last version, After download process my mikrotik reboot and not working. No link on any ports, wi-fi not working, only usr and pwr lighting indication. Reset not working (poweroff-> hold down the button -> poweroff -> wait usr indication).
How i can restore my mikrotik?

Elans
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik hap ac2 not working after softwate update

Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:56 pm

You may try re-install the device with Netinstall.
Netinstall re-formats the device's disk and copies over fresh files on to the system's disk, this can solve multiple issues when your device is not working properly. Always try using Netinstall if you suspect that your device is not working properly.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

achirkov
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks for link, but not help me - net installer not see my router after enable boot server, run etherboot like this https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Etherboot

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Netinstall process is very delicate and is likely to fail if not everything is done by the book. There were reports that netinstall failed when some particular NIC type was used and succeeded when some other NIC was used on the same PC. Sometimes change (update) if NIC drivers made a change.

achirkov
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:42 am

Thanks for idea to change pc. After change my laptop to another netinstall can see my router and restore him!