First, hi :)
Second, am very new to ROS, but have business experience in configuring networks incl. site-to-site IKEv2. Not any fancy routing or ISP setups though.
I am trying to piece together my home network in a sensible way - ultimate aim is to get the best throughput from my commercial VPN, at this point [REDACTED].
Here are the pieces I have:
- Mikrotik CRS-326 running ROS
- TP-Link Archer C2600 running OpenWRT
- Netgear R7800 running DDWRT
- Netgear R7000 running DDWRT
- D-link 868L running DDWRT
And also here, but trying to avoid using:
- Dell Powerconnect6248 w/ 2x twin 10Gb SFP+ modules (uses 80W at idle :E)
- Watchguard XTM 330 (noisy)
Internet connection 500/40. I'll be leaving the ISP modem in full mode in order to provide a Guest Wifi at this level.
So basically one of these guys needs to run the VPN tunnel. Or should I pick up an extra RB750Gr3 for example and let that handle all the VPN deals?
THanks in advance..