Community discussions

MikroTik App

oz_gr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

client connection problem

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:27 pm

i have set 133c with r52 to connect the base station; r52 is set to station mode in 2.4ghz; scaned and connected to base without any problem; bridge the wlan1 end ether1 interfaces ( i know it can not be bridged; but i couldnt get the ip via dhcp anyother ways); DNS and gateway address are registered; but cant ping the server and access the login page; when i try to connect via wds-station (and bridge interfaces as referred) ; no way to connect to the base station. Any ideas how to connect properly to base and get the ip via dhcp? bdw another question from interfaceses; r52 is connected to network but; no send / receive ? and the icon is disabled (unlike the LAN) ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: client connection problem

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:32 am

Do you have proper WDS configuration on the other side of the link (on the access point), when mode=station-wds is used ?

oz_gr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:58 am

sergejs ; i ve tired that; but when i try to connect as wds-station; device stucked at searching for network; i guess no; hotspot does not have proper connection.

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:09 am

Maybe I misunderstand what you want to achieve, but you did not explain that very well.

If you just want your RouterOS to be a client to another AP and get your ip address via DHCP:
- Configure the wlan interface as station.
- Configure a DHCP client on the wlan interface.
- Probably configure a masquerading rule for traffic going out the wlan interface.

Best regards,
Christian Meis

oz_gr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:40 am

yes its exactly what im trying, enabled the masquerade but how can i config the dhcp client on wlan interface ? bdw upgrade the ros to 3.0beta10 , bord has crashed as its stated by someone else aswell , now tryin to re-instal via netinstal but still can get bios, since the comp. frezez when u press any key on keyboard!

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:11 am

To configure a DHCP client on the wlan interface, just go to IP->DHCP Client and add one for the wlan interface you need it on!

Best regards,
Christian Meis

oz_gr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:01 pm

christian thank for you post; problem has been solved; i found out it under the ip section after your post; then created a dhcp server for lan interface; added gateways and dns ; signal is -41 and rocks :)

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:06 pm

----
Hai
nice to read this topic, but it signal -41 i think to stronge, the best signal -45/-50
my suggestion is better will you decrease it signal.

regards
Hasbullah.com
----
christian thank for you post; problem has been solved; i found out it under the ip section after your post; then created a dhcp server for lan interface; added gateways and dns ; signal is -41 and rocks :)

oz_gr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 am

balimore what could go wrong with srong signal ? might sound a silly question :? just moved to mikrotik rather than traditional APs ..

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:38 am

----
yup,
as far as i remember, last time ago i have signal from cpe -36 until -43, than my cpe have good signal but poor quality every time a few second the wireless down a few second up again.
and now stable in -48/-54
if your suggestion best for you do it. :wink:

regards
Hasbullah.com
----
balimore what could go wrong with srong signal ? might sound a silly question :? just moved to mikrotik rather than traditional APs ..