Community discussions

MikroTik App

elwood2
just joined
Topic Author

M11G and 802.3af/at compatibility

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:12 pm

Question first for those that don't need details: Will this PoE switch adequately power an M11G, if at all?

I have an M11G in the mail for my home LTE internet. I will be using a EM7565 LTE modem in a m.2 to M-PCIE adapter on the RB. The board will be mounted inside a weatherproof enclosure within inches of two yagi antennas. If this will work, will I have to worry about using an unshielded cable as required in the specs?

Edit: I just realized there is two specsheets for the M11G, they're identical except for the excerpt about 802.3af/at support as seen here. This specsheet seems to be equally as dispersed as the one on the official website. Are there multiple revisions? Does the M11G actually support 802.3af/at?

elwood2
just joined
Topic Author

Re: M11G and 802.3af/at compatibility

Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:28 pm

CS responded and cleared the air: "Hello,

M11G does not support af/at PoE, because M11G supports powering only up to 30V, but af/at defines 37-57V.
Seems BalticNetworks uses old datasheet where was provided wrong powering information. We recommend always check datasheets on our product page. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Bummer. But at least I waited to order anything. Looks like i'll go with a passive solution.