Community discussions

MikroTik App

ztechbg
just joined
Topic Author

Cap Ac Died. Need schematics.

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:29 pm

Hi,

I have CapAc, which after certain time of unstable working behaviour just decided to die completely.
I opened the case, disassembled the board and found that the element U5 overheats extremely. On a capacitor next to it I measured 8ohm which is an extremely low resistance. I desoldered and measured the capacitor and it gave high resistance and I assume buck converter IC has passed away. It has some markings reading mY2104 which gives me nothing when googled. So any help from mikrotik will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Cap Ac Died. Need schematics.

Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:54 am

So why did you assume hardware issue and started to disassemble the device? Maybe the issue is entirely related to configuration. Now you probably lost your warranty options, and there are no schematics for this device.

ztechbg
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Cap Ac Died. Need schematics.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:25 pm

When DC-DC buck converter chip burns hot as hell, the lights just blink for a second and then switch off it is basically a hardware power supply issue. It is strange why no network hardware manufacturer provides any circuit diagrams and service manuals so we can trace the problems and fix the equipment. At least I expected Mikrotik to be a little bit different in that manner.
Nevermind, I will continue to dig into the problem and will finally find a solution to it.