MikroTik App

steger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

MT-60GHz level 3 license

Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:30 pm

hi there,

i have tried to setup an MT-60GHz "bridge" and "station-bridge" together. - back to back was successful and was working in the lab.
now i have installed both on the field (approx 800m distance with open visibility) and both devices not connecting any more.
any power limits due the level 3 license? on both ends? (or do i need the level 4 license on the "bridge" and set it to "ap-bridge" ?)
any other hints? -> sw version: 6.46.8

thank you!

christian

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MT-60GHz level 3 license

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 pm

Level 3 limits you to "bridge" versus "AP bridge", that is one client versus many clients.
I have not seen any limitation on power with level 3. So level 4 should make no difference.

In the hardware list, not all 60 GHz devices can handle 800 meter. (And "up to" usually means in ideal situation not in all circumstances).
https://i.mt.lv/cdn/product_files/ptp_210150.pdf

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:23 pm

no, level 3 license only limits number of clients that can connect to the AP (ie. you can use bridge and not create AP for multiple clients).
There is no difference in power limit or anything else.
Your problem is probably too long distance for small antennas, inaccurate pointing or using channel with high water vapor attenuation (try the highest channel).

steger
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:03 pm

no, level 3 license only limits number of clients that can connect to the AP (ie. you can use bridge and not create AP for multiple clients).
There is no difference in power limit or anything else.
Your problem is probably too long distance for small antennas, inaccurate pointing or using channel with high water vapor attenuation (try the highest channel).
thank you for your fast answer!

great!

christian