Community discussions

MikroTik App

jbird
Topic Author

R11e-LTE-US - Way to set LTE band?

Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:26 pm

On the R11e-LTE-US modem, is there a way to set the LTE band that it uses or a way to set an order of priority for the bands? I tried entering
/interface lte set lte1 band=x 
but no matter what I enter for the band, it says "input does not match any value of band." I am using AT&T 4G LTE, and I was trying to set it to use LTE band 2 or 4, which are in use in my area.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: R11e-LTE-US - Way to set LTE band?

Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:05 am

R11e-LTE-US not support band locking.

Regards.

jspool

Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:40 am

You can get a Quectel EC25-AF on Amazon that supports pretty much every carrier in the US and it is quite easy to lock bands. I used it instead of the R11 and it has been working great.

Spicyname
just joined

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:07 pm

You can get a Quectel EC25-AF on Amazon that supports pretty much every carrier in the US and it is quite easy to lock bands. I used it instead of the R11 and it has been working great.
Hi how did you get the EC25-AF to show up, did you have to do anything more then just plugging it in?

jspool

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:24 pm

So the default mode the Quectel's come with is PPP/QMI. Generally to be seen in this mode you have to enable "Ignore DirectIP Modem" in /system/ports and then reboot. Then you should see a PPP interface that you can configure and use for Internet. It is limited in throughput in PPP mode.
It needs to be in ECM to show up in the LTE interface area.
MBIM mode can be enabled on v7+

When its detected as PPP interface you can communicate with the modem via:
system serial-terminal usb1 channel=2 Assuming its on usb1 of your router.
for ECM type: AT+QCFG="usbnet",1 followed by enter
for MBIM type: AT+QCFG="usbnet",2 followed by enter.
Then disable "Ignore DirectIP Modem" in /system ports and reboot the router. Then you should have it show up in LTE interface.
From this point you can communicate using interface LTE chat:

To enable Roaming: interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+QCFG=\"roamservice\",2,1" Then reboot
To enable GPS module on modem boot: interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+QCFG="AT+QGPSCFG=\"autogps\",1" Then reboot
To put it back to PPP/QMI from ECM or MBIM: interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+QCFG="usbnet",0" and enable "Ignore DirectIP Modem" in /system/ports and then reboot.

Spicyname
just joined

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:24 pm

So the default mode the Quectel's come with is PPP/QMI. Generally to be seen in this mode you have to enable "Ignore DirectIP Modem" in /system/ports and then reboot. Then you should see a PPP interface that you can configure and use for Internet. It is limited in throughput in PPP mode.
It needs to be in ECM to show up in the LTE interface area.
MBIM mode can be enabled on v7+

When its detected as PPP interface you can communicate with the modem via:
system serial-terminal usb1 channel=2 Assuming its on usb1 of your router.
for ECM type: AT+QCFG="usbnet",1 followed by enter
for MBIM type: AT+QCFG="usbnet",2 followed by enter.
Then disable "Ignore DirectIP Modem" in /system ports and reboot the router. Then you should have it show up in LTE interface.
From this point you can communicate using interface LTE chat:

To enable Roaming: interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+QCFG=\"roamservice\",2,1" Then reboot
To enable GPS module on modem boot: interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+QCFG="AT+QGPSCFG=\"autogps\",1" Then reboot
To put it back to PPP/QMI from ECM or MBIM: interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+QCFG="usbnet",0" and enable "Ignore DirectIP Modem" in /system/ports and then reboot.
I’ve been trying to figure all this out for like three days I don’t have a clue how to go about any of what you are saying, if I go into system ports all I have is usb1 no ignore directip modem, do you have any pics or videos?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Fist say what you want to setup, ECP or MBIM ? You want use lte interface or ppp-out ?
You try suggested commands ? At what step you are ?

Spicyname
just joined

Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:38 am

Fist say what you want to setup, ECP or MBIM ? You want use lte interface or ppp-out ?
You try suggested commands ? At what step you are ?
Ok I have a lhgr I updated to ros7, I have a ec25-af, and I’m running a visible sim, the ec25 shows up under lte in interface , I can see visible under a scan, but get no internet, and don’t know how to band lock it to band 66, I’m not sure how to run the coding on the Lhg, every setup that I find tells me i need to do something different, I don’t know if I need ecp or mbim or how you even set these up,

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:06 am

Spicyname say
Ok I have a lhgr I updated to ros7, I have a ec25-af, and I’m running a visible sim, the ec25 shows up under lte in interface
mbim mode works only at ros7, and at ros6 you not see lte inteface - this is proof for that your ec25 is in MBIM mode.
This is setup by: /interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+QCFG=\"usbnet\",2"

If you not want be at ros7 and back to ros6, because RouterOS6 is stable then you must change ec25 mode to PPP (usb1) or ECP (lte1) if possible.
ECP is setup by: /interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT+QCFG=\"usbnet\",1"

I don’t know if I need ecp or mbim or how you even set these up,
I and jspool write you that few times, we give you commnds and other thread with howto.

I can see visible under a scan, but get no internet, and don’t know how to band lock it to band 66
Now you should go to WinBox > Inteface > LTE >> APN button ans setup proper APN for connecting. Maybe set a PIN. Maybe enable roaming.
Band locking is differ case.

I’m not sure how to run the coding on the Lhg
You not must use a scripts. One line commands are not complicated. Windows have DOS - means every one can use 1 line command prompt.