Community discussions

MikroTik App

ACCRadio
just joined
Topic Author

Radio towers using Mikrotik RB1100ahx4

Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:38 pm

I am trying to set up a private network that involves 4 radio towers which are for two way radios at a surface mining location. All sites can communicate with one another. I have a mikrotik rb1100ahx4 at each site. Each site also has an edge switch which the repeaters and controller are plugged into. The edge switch plugs into the LAN port (ether2) on mikrotik and the WAN (ether1) is connected to radio receiver (dish) by ethernet to connect to the other Radio towers which are all set up the same way. everything is on /27 subnets with the first subnet ( 0-31) being the network that WAN ports from each tower are on. We are dropping packets big time and dont know why. Radios are not broadcasting even though others can see that someone is keying their microphone there is no audible noise. This is only about 20% of time but that is far to much. to lose communication. Also, we use to be able to get into our radio network from company portal when we had a cisco layer 3 switch at main tower, so we would program the radios from the office but now we do not have access to the company network which is a /24 network. also Can I have 2 WAN ports on the 1100ahx4 RB. any help much appreciated.

ACCRadio

mada3k
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Radio towers using Mikrotik RB1100ahx4

Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:16 pm

A network diagram and running configuration from one router would be helpful.

There are no "WAN" ports on RouterOS, it all up to your configuration.

jebz

Re: Radio towers using Mikrotik RB1100ahx4

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:53 am

The edge switch plugs into the LAN port (ether2) on mikrotik and the WAN (ether1) is connected to radio receiver (dish) by ethernet to connect to the other Radio towers which are all set up the same way.
ACCRadio
I tend to use ether port 11-13 for WAN on a RB1100AHx4 and ether 1-5 for LAN1 and ether 6-10 for LAN2. Look at the block diagram.
https://i.mt.lv/cdn/product_files/RB110 ... 170842.png