Community discussions

MikroTik App

Bomber67
Topic Author

PWR-LINE PRO - any indication of link quality??

Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:21 am

While the Pwr-line AP PL7411-2nD has an indication of link quality, there is apparently no such indication in the Pwr-Line PRO.
A Pwr-line AP is a good idea for extending a WLAN but in several ways PL7411-2nD falls short:
-Only 802.11n
-Low output power
-Prone to failure: I have had several of these just dying, they get terribly hot, so I don't like them due to fire risk.

Therefore I have started using Pwr-Line pro in combination with for instance hAP ac2 or hAP ac Lite.
I like both the design, ease of operation an the PoE Out feature, but sadly there is no way of knowing whether powerline link is good or bad, just "sync" nor "no sync"
At several instances, after installing at customers and speedtesting over link, after av few days customers complain that the link is broken.
A new pairing might solve the problem temporarily, but then it is broken again.

A way of managing and monitoring the devices would be very handy.
I know they currently have no OS, but would it be possible to include RouterOS or alternatively SwOs so that we at least could monitor the link quality? I'd love snmp support as well.
Being able to trigger a new sync would also be nice (provided there is some kind of link to the far end a full re-sync could be done remotely)

So Normis, will you please develop the following:
-A new Pwr-line AP with 802.11ac and 25dB output power (that cannot be used for frying eggs on it) ;-)
-A Pwr-Line Pro release 2 with RouterOS in it?