Community discussions

MikroTik App

michaelsage
just joined
Topic Author

Which LTE Product

Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:36 am

Hi All,

I am after some advice about a 4G LTE router (for use with 3 or EE in the UK). I have looked at the mikrotik product line and would appreciate some thoughts about what would be the best device. I'd like one device to:
- VPN peer (OpenVPN)
- 4G modem included (for use with EE or 3)
- Wireless AP (2.4Ghz & 5Ghz)
- LAN port - for connecting a single local client

Nice to haves
- Guest portal for another SSID
- WAN port with PPPoE for FTTC

I would say the wAP LTE, LtAP mini, hAP ac3 LTE or the Chateau LTE would all meet my requirements, but beyond that I am not sure which would be the best fit... any thoughts more than welcome!

Thank you

Michael

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Which LTE Product

Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:41 pm

michaelsage
I would say the wAP LTE, LtAP mini, hAP ac3 LTE or the Chateau LTE would all meet my requirements, but beyond that I am not sure which would be the best fit... any thoughts more than welcome!
Hello, you thinking in right way. That models operate at RouterOS who have the same options for that platform.
But.. Chateau use RouterOS v7 who is beta and not have some features.. but works well for just SoHo router as production one.

Chateau have integrated LTE cat.12 and 1Gb ports etc., others have R11e-LTE6 cat.6 inserted into mPCIe slot and you can replace that with other modems to build more power LTE device.

I believe true LTE is only with outdoor devices that's why please be sure what you can get of speed inside building and outsite before you select final devices.