Community discussions

MikroTik App

evdnc
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik LHG LTE6 kit: Help

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:15 pm

Hi. I live in the mountains and the only internet I have is satellite. I want to switch to 4g and decided to buy MikroTik LHG LTE6 kit.
Could you recommend to me please which devices I should buy?

-As a router I wanted to purchase TP-Link Archer AX50 AX3000, is it good enough or I should choose something different to use with Mikrotik LHG?
-Which cable FTP/UTP is better to connect the router with Mikrotik LHG?
-Should I install some protection from the lightning?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik LHG LTE6 kit: Help

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:57 pm

LHGR have a limit at 100/30Mbps whatever you mount a lte module.
Probably for you every 30/5Mbps as stable connection will be fine (like run 4xFullHV or 1x4K TV stream).

This is mostly good device, you should check what Bands your ISP use in your region, where they are a BTS/Towers and go near them and try connect to them to found your MAX speed per Band - this investigation is very good to buy one a proper device.

You are in Europe? Then R11e-LTE6 have got good bands. IF you are in America then you should found a LHGR (without lte module) and install e.g. EM12-G.
You can improve the speed of LHGR by change the back site with metal satelite dish - then it's works like LDFR :).

For Wifi I use only Ubnt UniFi or MikroTik devices then sorry, I not say anything about other AP stuff.

jaroomi
just joined

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Need a help. I'm getting stable 65Mb/s on Mikrotik LHGG LTE6 device while inside my house with the same sim card and Huawei CPE PRO or my cell phone I'm getting almost 120Mb/s.

Is the some any limitation on Mikrotik software. Many thanks for help!

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:29 pm

Please post your celular tab on LTE interface.

Regards.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:42 pm

jaroomi say:
Hi Guys,

Need a help. I'm getting stable 65Mb/s on Mikrotik LHGG LTE6 device while inside my house with the same sim card and Huawei CPE PRO or my cell phone I'm getting almost 120Mb/s.

Is the some any limitation on Mikrotik software. Many thanks for help!
You ask second time the same question. Again the answer;
inside LHGGR is a R11e-LTE6 lte module who is LTE CAT.6, the https://consumer.huawei.com/en/routers/ ... pro/specs/ is LTE Cat. 19 (support 5G).
This is your answer cat.6 vs cat. 19
They are total differ LTE modules who even with differ antennas can give you differ speeds. Huawei by more advance lte category can connect you mode differ bands to agregation and you will see more sleep.

You should check to what cells, what CA combination your Huawei do... next try the same tower, the same cells and maybe similar aggregation, or that who give you max speed at cat.6 module.