Community discussions

MikroTik App

cordcrusader
just joined
Topic Author

Hap Ac 3 Lte 6 initial set up

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:51 am

Just got a Hap Ac 3 with Lte 6 kit from Baltic networks for my inlaws, and when i took it out of the box it had a big sticker on it that said, "Do not power on without antenna connected!"

🤔 I knew the hap ac 3 has ports for external antennas, but I did not think they were necessary. They have to be ordered separately and the holes punched out in the case for them to be installed, and since 4G is fairly good and my Hap Ac 2 didn't need them for wifi I wasn't going to install any.

However, the mikrotik user manual says that turning on the Hap Ac 3 without antennas connected will damage the transmitters. Yet the picture for the Hap Ac 3 with the lte kit doesn't even show it with external antennas on it. Im confused, are the external antennas necessary or not? Is it talking about the transmitters for wifi, lte, or both? Is turning on my unit "barebones" going to damage it?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Hap Ac 3 Lte 6 initial set up

Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:23 am

The non-LTE model has antennas included, those are for WiFi, those must be mounted to operate the unit.
You have the LTE model, this has WiFi antennas built in. There are no included antennas, so there are no connectors and nothing is required to be attached.

If your LTE model has this sticker, please take a photo of the sticker, of the serial number sticker, and send them here or to support@mikrotik.com

cordcrusader
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hap Ac 3 Lte 6 initial set up

Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:54 pm

Thank you for replying so quickly Normis. You should be able to see the pictures you requested via link below:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/kxSabxjR4Z1C