Community discussions

MikroTik App

frank333
Topic Author

Router LTE DIY Quectel EM160R-GL, tips.

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:57 pm

I am going to build an external router, with RBM11G, a quectel EM160R-GL cat16 modem and 4 Halo coflex3200 antennas.
With a similar configuration, I would like to be able to maintain the connection on a nearby local BTS that I can not reach with the router I have now, but that I hook only with the smartphone.
I have doubts about the recognition of the modem by router os (7 beta?) there is also this cheap modem Fibocom L860-GL .
It would be interesting to be able to connect the modem card directly to my rb3011 as well.
Experiences, suggestions?

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Router LTE DIY Quectel EM160R-GL, tips.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:05 am

I not have the equipment that you mention, but if you check on my signature, you will can see that I have. Really good experience with my devices.

Check It if for you can be an alternative.

About ROS 7 compatibility I not know.

Regards.

frank333
Topic Author

Re: Router LTE DIY Quectel EM160R-GL, tips.

Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:03 am

sector.png
interesting the two sectional antennas (are they pcb? ) what brand are they, are there antennas for the 4 x 4 mimo in one panel? For lte management on LR8 LTE what version do you have of os router and what modem card do you have.
I had thought to modify the LHGG LTE6 but it is not mimo4x4 ; also SXT LTE6 that is compact and has a decent antenna has the ethernet port at 100 M and inadequate.
Here in my area there is a strong demand for lte routers that allow the aggregation of multiple bands but it is difficult to find suitable devices.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.