Community discussions

MikroTik App

gasola
just joined
Topic Author

Difference between SXT LTE & ltAP LTE6

Thu May 06, 2021 9:03 am

Hello .Please I will like to know the basic difference between these two products. Can someone simply explain to me the load balancing in these routers if its different from bandwidth bonding in some products I know which supports 2 or more SIM cards.Will extra Cat4/6 modem in the mini pcie slot on the ltAP device turn it in9 a bonding capable router?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Difference between SXT LTE & ltAP LTE6  [SOLVED]

Thu May 06, 2021 9:22 am

Basic difference is that SXT has better antennas and is more suited for remote area with bad LTE coverage.

No, you can't turn CAT6 into CAT9. Better just use a higher CAT modem. Software is the same on both devices.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Difference between SXT LTE & ltAP LTE6

Thu May 06, 2021 5:15 pm

And with LtAP you can support 2 LTE modems instead only one with SXT.

On LtAP you can put it better antennas with more gain to get better signal strengh.

I use LtAP (check my signature).

Regards.

gasola
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 07, 2021 12:43 am

Please can you be very clear on the modem part in your answer. Now that the difference is almost clear. I will like to know what will the extra modem in the LtAP be doing if not bonding bandwidth from individual SIM Cards?

Also on the SXT model. What exactly is the second/extra SIM slot for? If that is for load balancing as am told by the seller.Please can you explain that to me in plain term and how to achieve that using winbox since that is what I am familiar with.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 09, 2021 5:48 am

With SXT you can not do load balancing. The second SIM port is only to switch between your 2 SIM inserted cards setting up your RouterBOARD.

With LtAP you can use the second SIM as backup or load balancing.

Regards.

gasola
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 13, 2021 11:00 am

Please what is the highest gain of LTE antenna I can use for my LtAP since mikrotik only has 5dbi.I am in a remote area a bit far from the LTE tower. I am purchasing a U.lf to small female for my LtAP LTE6 and the length is 5cm.Do you think it will fit well?

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 14, 2021 7:27 pm

My L-COM DAS is the highest gain MIMO antenna that I found (10dBi).

If you find SISO antennas you can find it with more gain, but you need buy 2 units per LTE module and install them in linear or cross polarization.

Linear:

Cross:

Regards.