Community discussions

MikroTik App

gasola
just joined
Topic Author

LtAP LTE6

Sun May 09, 2021 12:09 pm

Hello guys

Please will I have bandwidth bonding in this Unit should I add a second mini Pcie CAT6 LTE MODEM in this unit?

Will it bond from all the three SIM cards or two at a time?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LtAP LTE6

Sun May 09, 2021 12:32 pm

In short: no.

Bonding means two or more physical links are configured to form single logical link, but that has to be done on both ends. Usually ISPs don't offer bonding ... If using two physical links without possibility to configure them into bond it is possible to configure load sharing, but configuring it so that it works reliably is really not trivial.

It's number of LTE modems which defines number of physical links. SIM cards only offer means of authentication to modems and a modem can only use one at a time.

gasola
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 13, 2021 10:50 am

Hello Metod

Thanks for the explanation. I am really confused about something. So what is the purpose of the second pcie slot in th LtAP if not for LoRa card?How about load balancing? what purpose will I accomplish if it can not combine the two bandwidth or two Sim card work at same time since I have two modems installed in the LtAP?

So in terms of load sharing or load balancing, will the two modems be activate simultaneously so that I do not loose connection?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 14, 2021 12:15 pm

The second SIM is just for failover if first stop working or have limited traffic (like all...)

___OR___

If you choice RouterBOARD with two modems and two SIMs:
You mark routing connection on mangle for use specific SIM to go on single service by specific SIM (like youtube must go by SIM1)
Or mark routing connection on mangle for specific local IP like 192.168.1.7 to go over internet by SIM2 for example.
Or both mixed
And both with failover

___OR___

If you choice RouterBOARD with two modems and two SIMs:
You pay someone to put another RouterBOARD on one Datacenter and use bonded SIM1 and 2 connection for increase total bandwith.

All needs lot of pianaification and configuration.