Community discussions

MikroTik App

tommydog
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6 - using POE?

Tue May 25, 2021 4:03 pm

I am a complete beginner, who has just purchased a MikroTik RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6 and am awaiting delivery.

How does POE work if I don't want to use the POE injector that the MikroTik RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6 ships with? I would prefer to power the MikroTik RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6 directly from a POE switch, (like Mikrotik HAP ac lite or other suitable product), but how would this work if I want the MikroTik RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6 to also provide internet to the network switch? I ask this as many network switches supporting POE (e.g. Mikrotik HAP ac lite) do not support POE from the port which services internet to the switch.

To be clear I don't want to have to use 2 separate power supplies e.g. one power supply to power the LHG and one power supply to power the HAP ac Lite (or other suitable product). The HAP ac Lite must also receive internet from the MikroTik RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6 (I will have no other internet). Not sure what cables etc I need to make this work?

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6 - using POE?

Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:53 pm

Internet providing and power providing are different things.

I'm powering my LtAP using my PowerBox Pro (working as "PoE switch") and works perfect.

Regards.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik RBLHGR&R11e-LTE6 - using POE?

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:08 pm

RBLHGR have a hardware page https://mikrotik.com/product/rblhgr
section
give you all need information.

Compare that with a poe switch and you will know if they are ok.
PoE can be passive 24v (box) , active 48v as AT or AF and they are newer standards too.