Community discussions

MikroTik App

gasola
just joined
Topic Author

LtAP LTE6 Wlan External antenna

Sun May 30, 2021 8:23 pm

Hello

Please can anyone tell if I can connect external antenna to the Wlan1 of the LtAP LTE6? I can see there are some two(2) female antenna-like connectors on the Routerboard.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LtAP LTE6 Wlan External antenna

Mon May 31, 2021 12:07 am

I not know what are used connectros for wifi but at LTE antennas are uFL = mhf1 but wifi can use other's connectors.
I think if manual we not have that in description.

Maybe someone answer you... or write to support@mikrotik.com to grab that hardware info.
Of course, when you know what that connectors are then you can buy proper pigtails and connect any wifi antenna.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 31, 2021 4:20 pm

I know that yes and you need configure with advanced mode the WLAN interface to specify that you are using the external antenna. Now I can't recommend do this because the internal interface has low power, putting higher gain antenna not would be to much difference.

Regards.

gasola
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:15 pm

Ok.
If I understand you correctly. Yes those two female port/connectors on the hardware routerboard are for external Wlan antenna connection? Please if what I understand by your reply is correct. Is it possible to use at least a 10dBi WIFI 2.4/5G antenna? and what type of pigtail connectors are we looking at?