Community discussions

MikroTik App

McShadow
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik Chateau 5G experiences

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:19 pm

Greetings,

Today I tested the new MikroTik Chateau 5G that comes with two external antennas (tested using RouterOS & RouterBOARD: v7.1beta6).
Now I'd like to hear your opinions and experiences with it.

Does anyone know why you have to attach the antenna before starting the Chateau? Is there too much voltage going through otherwise?
Did anyone try it without antennas? What happens if you don't attach them first?

Also I found no way to specify the best external antenna - usually "/interface lte antenna-scan" nor to bind the external antenna - usually "/interface lte set external-antenna=XYZ".
Did someone find a solution? Or is it just not possible?

--
McShadow

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik Chateau 5G experiences

Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:19 pm

Does anyone know why you have to attach the heatsink on the CPU before starting the PC?
Is there too much heat going through otherwise?
Did anyone try to start the PC without the heatsink on the CPU? What happens if you don't attach them first?

If you do not radiate somewhere else the thermal / electromagnetic energy will damage the device.

/interface lte settings
set external-antenna=auto

hgb
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:51 pm

Mine has ROS 7.0.2 not using the 7.1 Beta6, and works like a charm

The chipset is the 502q-AE I have the RM502q-AE trying it with RBM11G and RBM33G , the speed doesn't match the chateau 5G, the chateau 5g aggregate to 5CA in 5G NSA mode without a problem

They have mentioned a 4x4 MIMO, does each antenna do 2x2 over one port ? and how is that possible . also the WIFI antenna ??

namcir
just joined

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:43 pm

hi i have a brand new chateau 5G and i am having some problems, upon boot up after a minute it freezes even without doing anything no sim inserted, not accessible any more. i already have done ressetting a few times but still the same problem. even at default settings or even after reset configuration it freezes. i would like to reinstall the or update the routerous v7 stable but i can not find it
please help
Last edited by namcir on Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Salvot2990
just joined

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:43 am

Does anyone know why you have to attach the heatsink on the CPU before starting the PC?
Is there too much heat going through otherwise?
Did anyone try to start the PC without the heatsink on the CPU? What happens if you don't attach them first?

If you do not radiate somewhere else the thermal / electromagnetic energy will damage the device.

/interface lte settings
set external-antenna=auto
Ciao connazionale :D Io ho provato da terminal quel comando che hai postato, ma mi sa che sullo chateau 5g hanno rimosso la possibilita' di selezionare antenne interne\esterne infatti nemmeno tramite gui alla voce lte si trova l'impostazione mentre ad esempio sullo chateau 12 si puo'.
Non so se puoi aiutarmi, io lo uso attualmente con windtre avendo una bts a 600mt 4ca ma il massimo che ho ottenuto e' b7+b3. Non vuole saperne di aggregare tutte quelle disponibili. Mi sorge il dubbio ci sia qualche limitazione lato operatore\mikrotik sulle policy della carrier aggregation per l'italia o comunque che abbia qualche limitazione firmware..Cosa ne pensi? grazie in anticipo

Salvot2990
just joined

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:48 am

Mine has ROS 7.0.2 not using the 7.1 Beta6, and works like a charm

The chipset is the 502q-AE I have the RM502q-AE trying it with RBM11G and RBM33G , the speed doesn't match the chateau 5G, the chateau 5g aggregate to 5CA in 5G NSA mode without a problem

They have mentioned a 4x4 MIMO, does each antenna do 2x2 over one port ? and how is that possible . also the WIFI antenna ??
Hello.. i got mine yesterday.. Your chateau is capable to aggregate 4 o 5 bands easily? I have problems, i can't aggregate more than 2 bands and i don't know why, the carrier bts has 4 bands but i can only aggregate 2 with my chateau. Do you have the same problem?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:26 pm

Hello.. i got mine yesterday.. Your chateau is capable to aggregate 4 o 5 bands easily? I have problems, i can't aggregate more than 2 bands and i don't know why, the carrier bts has 4 bands but i can only aggregate 2 with my chateau. Do you have the same problem?
Not every tower, ISP give us all Bands to CA. Same of them can be only be Primary bands and some only additional bands. Best way to check is go to other location like city and check what max can be done with your ISP.

Salvot2990
just joined

Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Not every tower, ISP give us all Bands to CA. Same of them can be only be Primary bands and some only additional bands. Best way to check is go to other location like city and check what max can be done with your ISP.
Hello SiB thanks for your answer. I know what you said, i think the problem is in my isp tower right bow, because if i select another bts with 3bands i can aggregate 3ca with no issues! So, problem solved for now

hgb
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:57 pm

After the upgrade to 7.1rc3 the RM502q-AE on the RBM33G works like the chateau 5G , problem solved for me

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:56 am

some person reach a limit of 480Mbps per usb2.0 adapter or just mPCIe who is at USB2.0 bus... and I hope MikroTik create us a new M11G with m.2.
We current at some projects buy antennas from quwireless.com 4x4 and they have some space for a user devices and realy! this give us one box with antenna and m11g what is awesome.
It's like create own DIY version of sxtr/lhgr :).
We wait for ros7.1.. and all this give us good future.