Community discussions

MikroTik App

skl1f
just joined
Topic Author

Hex S + SFP Gpon Onu

Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:23 am

Hi folks,

I decided to switch from ONU provided by my ISP to SFP Gpon ONU stick.
I bought Hex S and SFP stick for it. Stick itself look like: Baudcom DB-1234-SFM
ISP support confirmed that it able to register in OLT and I also see that SFP1 port receive an IP. I'm able to change MAC address of sfp to reveice correct IP.
By some reason on Winbox/WebFig there is no any information about SFP stick, just see that module is present.

When I use SFP1 as WAN I continuously receive network unrechable even in simple pings, but I able to use IP Scan utility on the port and able to see other devices in ISP network.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Router seems to be configured correctly: when I'm switching to use eth1 it works, but not on sfp1.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hex S + SFP Gpon Onu

Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:02 pm

It depends on the DOM/DDM functionality the vendor has chosen to implement in their device as to what the Mikrotik can report. There are also issues with some modules not being able to support multi-byte I2C read requests, see viewtopic.php?t=165386

If the module is correctly configured and the Mikrotik receives a WAN IP by DHCP or PPPoE then it is likely you have not set up sfp1 in the same way as ether1.

skl1f
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:36 pm

Well something is definitely wrong with port configuration.
I’ve created a bonding1 to simplify switching between SFP ONU and dedicated ONU.
magically internet is available from sfp1 through bonding1.

One other problem that it time by time stops working until I renew dhcp lease.
There is not much configuration I can do on SFP1, not sure what may cause such behaviour

onnoossendrijver

Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:23 pm

Bonding? Do you mean bridging?

skl1f
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:55 am

Nope I've created a bonding from sfp1 and ether1. It means that it will use the port which is active at the moment.
I just pull the cable from SFP Onu and plug it into ZTE Onu and power it up. This way both ports share the same MAC so I automatically receive correct IP.
/interface bonding
add forced-mac-address=..... mode=active-backup name=bonding1 primary=sfp1 slaves=sfp1,ether1