Community discussions

MikroTik App

kolorasta
Topic Author

p2p link with two rb133c. Is it possible?

Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:45 pm

is it possible to make a p2p link with two rb133c?

the example in the wiki doesn't work because you need at least a level 4 license in one rb.

Alex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: p2p link with two rb133c. Is it possible?

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:34 pm

it is possible.I have many p2p wds links

kolorasta
Topic Author

Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:48 pm

can u show me the basic config u use? if you use wds in a p2p link, one rb must be setted as AP, and license 3 (the one that rb133c has) doesn't include AP feature.

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:31 am

You can use "bridge" mode, which is AP mode but allows only for one client (which is enough for point-to-point, usually ;) ).

Best regards,
Christian Meis

kolorasta
Topic Author

Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:09 pm

cmit, mmmmmmm i think it's enough too... jaja thanks

sever

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:34 am

How high are are your antennas AGL ? (Above Ground Level)

Decisions on frequency would depend if you establish LOS (line of site) or NLOS (near line of site) and what size antennas you can mount.

Here is a link to a Microwave Link Analysis Script. Plug in you GPS information and antenna size and AGL and it will generate a real nice report.

http://cgi2.gbppr.org/wireless.super.main.cgi

PtP links are possible with 133c. W ehave several running. One must create a WDS link with one station in bridge mode while the other is in WDS slave.

Good Luck

jay

kolorasta
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:52 pm

How high are are your antennas AGL ? (Above Ground Level)

PtP links are possible with 133c. W ehave several running. One must create a WDS link with one station in bridge mode while the other is in WDS slave.
i did what u did say, but when i want to specify a security profile, connection is lost...

i configured a WPA preshared key

is there a bug with wpa and this p2p configuration?

danielillu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:05 pm

When you apply settings to wireless interface, all wireless connections are disconnected and reconected, somewhat like a radio reset. So remote connection is lost.
Also, if what you have changed is the security profile, radio link won't be restablished until you've set the same sec. profile in both ends.
You should start radio settings from the most far peer. If you start changing settings from the nearest peer, you'll "lose" the remote node and you could not connect to it.

What I use for these cases when connectivity can be easily lost, is a small autorecover script. I make a backup (working_backup) before changing anything. Then I create a script (/system backup load=working_bacup) that restore the backup done before, and using scheduler I run "/system script run recover" with a time interval of 15 minutes.
This gives me 15 minutes to change configuration, and the safety that if something goes wrong, in 15minutes all changes will be destroyed. If I finish configuration correctly, I disable the scheduler rule.

Hope it will help!