MikroTik App

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

RB333 Power

Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Hi,

got our first RB333. Plugging in -> nothin. Pluggin in again -> working, ...
We use the same powersupply as for RB500 (18V) tried the connector
and poe. Tried with and without cards.

Is it a problem of the powersupply or a damaged board?

Anyone seen this?

Stefan

che
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB333 Power

Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Interesting timing. I've got dozen of RB333 through my hands so far, and that happened to me only once - yesterday. I didn't make big deal of it and sent it in production. If problem occures again with same router I'll post here. So far, 24h uptime with no problems.

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Love the "avitar" SOOOO accurate !!

Montana
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:09 am

Same here. I just received a RB333 and It didnt boot all though the light were on. Unpluged it and pluged it back in and it came up. Thought that it was a little weird so I left in on all night to burn it in. Came back in the next morning and it was still working. The next day I took it to the mountian site and put it in. The darn thing would not boot. Lights were on but no one home. Ripped it out and took it back to the shop, wouldnt boot. Just started playing around with the power jack and it booted. I just pushed the plug in a little and it started to work. I got new plugs and will try to get a new one soldered up and see if that solves my problem. I hope that it is my power plug not the board. Will let ya know the out come.
Mike

BrianHiggins
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:39 am

only used a handfull of 333's as of yet (not willing to throw too much RC equipment up yet), we've only used PoE to power them, and I haven't seen this happen to any of them. they're running great, I love them so far (only wish they had a better mini pci layout, and weren't quite so long, they'd fit better)