Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Routerboard comunication interfaces LOCKED OUT!

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:18 pm

I have started a thread in wireless networking but that is the wrong spot for a problem like this so i am posting in the correct segment. I have a routerboard 112 that for some reason does not want to communicate on any of its interfaces. Ether1 is no good it will not send anything back to my computer packets send but not received, seconldy wireless, it sends and receives data but does not allow me to acces the routerboard at all, winbox webox does not work, lastly serial, i have the serial cable, its the correct cable 232c, i setup hyperterminal to the port that it is on, set rate of 115200, data bits 8, party none, stop bits 1, and none for flow control, routerboard is shut off, once i turn it on nothing shows up in hyperterminal, cant push any button in 2 seconds because nothing shows.......... I need someones experties help here, The hole reason it stared all of this was because i disabled ether the bridging interface, or ether1... i am not sure because it disconnected me right after i did that.... Here is incorrect placed thread with more info on what i have been doing with it. http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 173&hilit=

As i said if anyone in the usa (To pricey to ship international) wants to have a crack at it i will ship it to them to try to netinstall it...... Im going to this extent because i cant seem to be able to do it and it seems i have exahusted everything possible for me to do.... Please help Anyone -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

jacoblydon
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Routerboard comunication interfaces LOCKED OUT!

Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:08 am

~Routerboard 112 running Sr2, 3Mbit backhaul, 15DBI Omni from comet. WDS+AP mode, 3 Combined AP'S~ Cant wait to see how this works~

Are you using 3 sr cards serving as 3 AP's? I had two XR cards installed in a rb532a and both cards were running at full power, the bus couldn't handle it. I had to switch power levels 500 milliwatts a piece? Maybe this is way off.

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:44 am

~Routerboard 112 running Sr2, 3Mbit backhaul, 15DBI Omni from comet. WDS+AP mode, 3 Combined AP'S~ Cant wait to see how this works~

Are you using 3 sr cards serving as 3 AP's? I had two XR cards installed in a rb532a and both cards were running at full power, the bus couldn't handle it. I had to switch power levels 500 milliwatts a piece? Maybe this is way off.
It is based apon a per board basis, One card per board per AP all inf different locations. so no worry of Bus overload, just latency if to many hops are incurred. Secondly, an Sr2 is 400Mw total ouput power, you mite be talking about an Xr2? I have yet to implement this yet, but as soon as i get my routerboard 133, and if i get my routerboard 112 back running i will give a a try. -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

cmacneill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:11 am

Try setting HyperTerminal speed to 9600, I've never successfully connected at anything else.