Community discussions

MikroTik App

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Where to find the firmware on MT site??

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:18 pm

And I do not want the answer: "It's in the packages you find in the download section."

I need to try to upgrade the firmware only through the console since the routerboard does not accept any upload of packages any more, not by ethernet, not by console and not by netinstall. Then the nand is empty because the initial part of running a install with netinstall works fine....., the formatting of the disk. :( :(

Need to try to get rb's back with other firmware version to see if the transfer of files succeeds with that.

Or has anybody the last firmware on a single file?

rgds.

Rudy

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Where to find the firmware on MT site??

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:54 pm

If you are looking for the microcode (boot loader / firmware / BIOS) you can get it from the Routerboard site .(look at the product page for that board)

As for the original OS.... ist make sure you have a backup of the config, nit just the backup file but the rules in a text export or in some form you can re-enter as some versions will not be able to restore form a muck newer version of the backup file....

You can obtain "back versions" by manipulating the URL in your bouser. IE hover over the single package file for the newest version of the file you want, then make a note of the url, type the url into your brouser modifying it to reflect the version you want.. press enter and the download will begin..

They don't remove the old files, they just update the links to point to the newer versions... (At lease this was true in the past...) I think some "problem versions" may have been removed (oned that could crash the router on install) (This is a good thing..)

I hope this helps....

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:09 pm

OK, 've got the same info from someone else, http://www.routerboard.com/files/rb-2.1 ... 0-2.12.fwf

But, the file is still not accepted by my routerboard532A. Must be another problem around.

but thnks anyway.

Rudy

Alex
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:36 pm

install routerboard package to your rb.after that do /system routerboard upgrade and restart

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:42 pm

Guys,

See some other treads on the forum.., I cannot upload any package to the router. Not with netinstall, ftp, winbox nothing.
By trying other firmware we just hope to get the routeboard back alive.

Al I can do is boot it over the ethernet from the bootserver and that´s were it all ends now. No upload of any file possible.

Rudy

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:23 am

-----
Hai fren,
yes, you can try upload and upgrading *.fwf with serial-connection and HyperTerminal Windows will help you.

regards
Hasbullah.com
-----