Community discussions

MikroTik App

bpappas1970
just joined
Topic Author

RB 411 resetting wireless card mode

Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:54 pm

using an RB411 as a CPE. Have repeatedly observed that it will spontaneously reset the wireless interface from "station pseudobridge" to "station". super annoying to have to keep fixing this so that my lone RB411 customer can get online.

anyone else seeing this bug or am I just lucky?

So far I have replaced the SR9 card hoping that might clear it up. No luck....

-benjamin

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RB 411 resetting wireless card mode

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:22 pm

We need more detailed information from you.
Do you run any specific command or action [like router restart], so we can reproduce it ?
or you can send us two support output files, first generated when mode=station-pseudobridge is configuration and second when it is changed to mode=station.

I have tried to reproduce the same issue on the lab,
- RB411 and SR9 as client;
- mode=station-pseudobridge;
- RB411 connected to access-point;
- I have rebooted, shutdowned, cycled power.
- mode=station-pseudobridge has not been changed to mode=station.

snoozer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:49 pm

any news on this ? i was experimenting with the preudobridge as well and experienced that is went to station without any interaction from my side.

its on a RB411 ROS 3.7 R52 radio.

regard
Jan

bpappas1970
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:48 pm

We need more detailed information from you.
Do you run any specific command or action [like router restart], so we can reproduce it ?
no. it does this spontaneously when the power to the PoE supply is removed and then replaced. (no i am not disconnecting the cat5 while the PoE is powered up)

the RB411 does not need to associate to an AP for this bug to manifest itself. all that is required is that the power to the PoE supply is removed.

it is possible that this bug ONLY manifests itself when the 411 does not have an active registration with an AP. Maybe try that in the lab?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 02, 2008 2:08 pm

We have tried different ways to reproduce the problem, we were not able to get it.

We need step by step instructions, how it is possible to get mode=station-pseudobridge to be reseted to mode=station. So we can reproduce it.

cramerit
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:03 am

I can confirm that we have seen this same exact issue with several RB411 boards. It doesn't happen all the time and we have not seen it with any other boards other than the RB411. We can not reliably reproduce it - it seems to happen intermittently.

The general scenario is:

1. Se up the client in Station-WDS mode
2. Attempt to connect to the AP
3. Sometimes the client switches from Station-WDS to Station Mode
4. We switch it back and it will usually stay in Station-WDS

We have not seen this happen with RB133, RB112, RB532, RB333, RB153 boards - only RB411. We have not had extensive experience with the RB433 boards yet.

We've seen this happen with 8602S cards and CM9 cards.

There is definitely an issue going on here.

Also, this is all on 3.10 with the most recent Bios Upgrade to all 411 boards.

cramerit
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:42 pm

We're still seeing this. We set the client to "Station-WDS" mode or "Station-Pseudobridge" Mode and it will immediately switch itself to "Station" mode before attempting to connect.

Anyone else seeing this?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:25 pm

make sure that you don't click on the Connect button when you do a Scan on the wireless interface as it changes the mode to station.

cramerit
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:07 am

Just getting back to you on this matter. I thought that they were clicking the connect button too, because when you click the connect button, it does change the mode to station and sets the SSID.

However, there is really an issue here with the mode being reset from Station-WDS to "Station". It seems to happen in higher noise areas when we have a harder time connecting. It is hard to reproduce this issue but it does happen. We've had it happen a couple times over night when no one was around to fix the problem. We were able to mac telnet in and switch the mode back those two times. Each time, we put some different hardware to cure the problem - the CM9 seemed the most resilient to the issue, while the 8602 seemed to be more prominent.

I wish we could reliably reproduce the issue. It is real and it is there and it should probably be fixed at some point.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:16 pm

what does the log file say after you saw that the mode has changed.?