Community discussions

MikroTik App

mt-guy
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with RB333 on RouterOS 3.9 and dual nstreme bridge

Tue May 27, 2008 10:39 am

Hi!

I have a problem with my dual nstreme bridge. Sometimes when I reboot one of the routerboards, it stops passing passing traffic from the ethernet side to the wireless side, but traffic from the wireless side to the ethernet side works and I am not able to see any hosts on the ethernet side, not even the mac-address marked "L". If I make a reboot once more, it may start working again. I have discovered that by changing the port settings on the switch from auto to 10Mbit/half, it starts working sometimes without a reboot. (but I might have to try a couple of times). If I change interface settings on the switch or the routerboard the status is always okay in both ends of the cable.

I use the firmware that came with RouterOS 3.9.

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Problem with RB333 on RouterOS 3.9 and dual nstreme bridge

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:43 am

Think maybe bug in OS 3. Found the same. Sometimes after power fail link does not start but mostly when running normal just stop passing traffic. No set period. Sometimes take month sometimes week. If reboot on either side of link, every thing running again.

Pablo_M
just joined

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:09 am

I have a similar problem, RB333 dual-nstreme with IOS 3.0rc4
Sometines I loose the link, can´t do pings, but dual nstreme es still connected. I even can do mac telnet to the remote radio.
When I disable and enable the wireless, Comunication is back again.
This happens once a week. Still did not try ios update. Which IOS proved to be bugless free?

I paste config.

[admin@ODU63_xx] > interface wireless print
Flags: X - disabled, R - running
0 name="wlan1" mtu=1500 mac-address=xxxxxxx arp=enabled interface-type=Atheros AR5213 mode=nstreme-dual-slave
ssid="link_ag_jb-1" frequency=5745 band=5ghz scan-list=default antenna-mode=ant-a wds-mode=dynamic wds-default-bridge=none
wds-ignore-ssid=no default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0
hide-ssid=no security-profile=default compression=no

1 name="wlan2" mtu=1500 mac-address=xxxxxxx arp=enabled interface-type=Atheros AR5213 mode=nstreme-dual-slave
ssid="link2_AG_MAC" frequency=5805 band=5ghz scan-list=default antenna-mode=ant-a wds-mode=dynamic wds-default-bridge=none
wds-ignore-ssid=no default-authentication=yes default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0
hide-ssid=no security-profile=default compression=no
[admin@ODU63_xxx] >
[admin@ODU63_xxx] > interface wireless nstreme-dual print
Flags: X - disabled, R - running
0 R name="nstreme1" mtu=1500 mac-address=xxxxxxx arp=enabled disable-running-check=no tx-radio=wlan1 rx-radio=wlan2
remote-mac=00:15:6D:54:51:DC tx-band=5ghz tx-frequency=5805 rx-band=5ghz rx-frequency=5745 disable-csma=no
rates-b=1Mbps,2Mbps,5.5Mbps,11Mbps rates-a/g=6Mbps,9Mbps,12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps ht-rates=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
ht-guard-interval=long ht-channel-width=20mhz ht-streams=single framer-policy=exact-size framer-limit=4000
[admin@ODU63_xxxzz] >

[admin@ODU63_xxxx] /interface bridge port> print
Flags: X - disabled, I - inactive, D - dynamic
# INTERFACE BRIDGE PRIORITY PATH-COST
0 ether1 bridge1 0x80 10
1 ether2 bridge2 0x80 10
2 nstreme1 bridge1 0x80 100

desertadmin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:41 am

Any figure this problem out we still see problems and we are running the latest current version of 3.13 with the firm upgraded 2.16 we thought it was a 333 board problem so we swapped to 532a and still have the same problem.

Is this an ARP crash problem or something like this? I think it may be based on the number of connections through the BH. Any ways any intelligent response would be appreciated.

-Sincerely,
DesertAdmin