Community discussions

ihernandez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Best Mikrotik configuration

Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 pm

Hello, I am installing one important link on my wisp and I will be using this link as part of my backhaul. I would like to know which would be the best configuration for highest throughput (AP to station, pseudo bridge, etc) I don't need to route on the mikrotiks that I am using to make the radio link since all the routing and bandwidth management is done on a rb1000 and don't want to use this link as ptmp, only point to point.
For the radio link I am using 2 xr5 and 2 rb433 and 2 23dbi patch antennas. The link is 12km apart with clear fresnel zone.
Regards,
Ignacio

conjurer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Best Mikrotik configuration

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:36 pm

On one rb use bridge mode on other station wds. Use clearest turbo channel with nstreme enabled on both devices. On bridge device set nstreme framing policy to exact size. Also in advanced tab use long preamble, and adaptive noise immunity. ANI adds about 2-4 Mbps.
If you get good signal strenght, you might get about 70~ maybe more megabits single direction. Recently i made 7~ km link with those settings, ant it is about 60~ Mbps single direction. But it goes through center of town, and there is much noise, so in other location such configuration could perform better, like 80+ single dirrection. And i used parabolic antennas.
Do not use firewall or other procesor hungry stuff.

ihernandez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:22 pm

On one rb use bridge mode on other station wds. Use clearest turbo channel with nstreme enabled on both devices. On bridge device set nstreme framing policy to exact size. Also in advanced tab use long preamble, and adaptive noise immunity. ANI adds about 2-4 Mbps.
If you get good signal strenght, you might get about 70~ maybe more megabits single direction. Recently i made 7~ km link with those settings, ant it is about 60~ Mbps single direction. But it goes through center of town, and there is much noise, so in other location such configuration could perform better, like 80+ single dirrection. And i used parabolic antennas.
Do not use firewall or other procesor hungry stuff.
Thank you for your response, ANI helped me!, after I enabled it the ccq went to 93%/87%. And throughput is tx12Mbps/rx10Mbps. I wasnt able to connect it bridge->station wds so I connected it apbridge->station.
Regards,
Ignacio

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:02 am

where is ANI in advance tab...i cant see the premabe type but i m not abl e too see adoptive noise immunity. i m usiing ROS 2.9.38

ihernandez
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:57 pm

where is ANI in advance tab...i cant see the premabe type but i m not abl e too see adoptive noise immunity. i m usiing ROS 2.9.38
The first thing you should do is upgrade your ROS, and in advanced tab you should be able to find what you're looking for
Regards,
Ignacio