Community discussions

MikroTik App

rickashe
just joined
Topic Author

routeros 3.10 on RB433AH

Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:04 pm

I have just set up a link, two identical RB433AH's both with routeros 3.10

I have set up the link fine, I have also configured, Nat'ing, routes, IP's scripts etc

One board is using a Ubiquiti XR5 and the other an RB350

Keep in mind I have about 60 mikrotik boxes on the network some on x86 systems and some on routerboard all are working fine.

Everytime I transfer traffic to this link the public facing ethernet port on the rb433AH with the RB350 locks up, won't pass traffic, won't ping, nothing.

I can still contact the box wirelessly through the link, log into it and reboot it, it then comes back after the reboot for about 5 - 10 pings and the ethernet port locks up again.

once I remove the traffic from the link it is fine. my little bit of traffic configuring it and getting to the web alone seems fine but again if I transfer the customer base onto it is locks up.

Any ideas???

Has anyone else had this issue???

HELP!

Need to get this link active ASAP

rickashe
just joined
Topic Author

Re: routeros 3.10 on RB433AH

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:41 am

Additional :

I have managed to upgrade both boards to 3.15, the problem is still there but has now changed somewhat.

If I run a Mikrotik bandwidth test between the boxes across the wireless link the boxes are fine.

If I run a Mikrotik bandwidth test from a public source through the public interface of box one to the wireless interface of box two in TCP mode it is fine.

If I run a Mikrotik bandwidth test from a public source through the public interface of box one to the wireless interface of box two in UDP mode the ethernet interface of box one locks up and I have to go back in through the wireless link into box one via box two and reboot box one to get the ethernet port to enable itself again.

Also I have had no option but to transfer the client traffic across to this link, the box is still locking up but sometimes it can last for a number of hours before doing so, (sometimes it only lasts 15 mins) I have set the ping watchdog and this is rectifying this issue somewhat, as in it is not going down for prolonged periods of time before it reboots itself but we are already getting in complaints about intermittant service.

Lost.

Help!
Last edited by rickashe on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rickashe
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Just noticed one more set up difference with the two boards:

Box 1: RB433AH, RB350H, 18v PSU, ROS3.15
Box 2: RB433AH, XR5, 24v PSU, ROS3.15

It is Box 1 that has the ethernet port that keeps locking up, could this simply be due to the 18vPSU, it is a remote box so a quick change is not really an option and we need to arrange access to the site.

Was hoping for some feedback before I issued an enginneer to take a step that may or may not be the problem.

Thanks

dolphinik1

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Hi.
You are solve this problem?

rickashe
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:31 pm

replaced 18v on one end with 24v and ran 2nd cat5 to ether2 on board, power alone on ether1 and data alone on ether2, problem solved, bit of a work around but no issues since