MikroTik App

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Problem with RouterOS on RB333

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi all,

Ive been using Mikoritk for quite sometime and it has been very very stable on all my first RB233 boards. I purchase an RB333 board about a year ago and replaced one of my RB233 to cut down on power requirement. When it was running the RC versions of 3.x, we had no problem whatsoever, but ever since we started using the stable (supposedly) versions, life has been hell. We use these units as access points to our clients who connect using PPPoE. Funny enough, wireless link will be perfect, but there is a serious lag in browsing the internet especially when attaching files. I still run the same configurations off other RB233 boards and those clients have no problem whatsoever. Is anyone experiencing this? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Btw, I had already made a similar post a few weeks ago when I upgraded to 3.15 and had to step it down to 3.13. Now I am having the same problem on 3.13.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Problem with RouterOS on RB333

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 am

I don't see how browsing speed could be affected. you should test the performance of your wireless link, if that is OK, then maybe problem is elsewhere. what configurations do you use? do you have webproxy, queues, firewall, etc?
No answer to your question? How to write posts