Community discussions

MikroTik App

filzek
just joined
Topic Author

RB450G cannot update to Level 5 - Invalid old software ID

Thu May 06, 2010 2:41 am

I am very unhappy this week, after receive the month shipment from Mikrotik, the RG450G still come with license Level 4, and forth agains costumers complain for Level 5 update we have hire a new employee to just do the mikrotik license, when we start the trainning day the mikrotik server just want to play us a trick and sai: Failed: Invalid old software ID! so, costumers are saying you sell Level 5 RB450G but delivery RB450G Level 4, you say that Mikrotik is offer a free upgrade but no one can really use it, so, your company is telling and make lies to sell, I cant stand after this, PLEASE LOVED MIKROTIK help us fast.

In the keys for the shipments over the control panel, there is no key related to the invoice order, maybe this is the problem, but need Mikrotik help.

If someone know how to solve this on 100 units returnin the same problem, advise, we are given up one RG450G for free.

Thanks all

Filzek
Nova Imagem.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

meno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RB450G cannot update to Level 5 - Invalid old software I

Thu May 06, 2010 3:57 am

I know how to fix it.. contact me by msn or skype

msn:minoru_kurata@hotmail.com

DeVerm
just joined

Thu May 06, 2010 7:39 am

Just click "Update License Key" instead of "Update/Get New Key" because you already have the new style of key.

I just did the same thing and it worked just fine.

cheers,
Nick.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 06, 2010 9:36 am

In your case, the SoftID is not in our database because of some mistake when sending out the box. It's possible you didn't tell your mikrotik.com username to the sales person. Email mikrotik support and we will update the database, so that this command works correctly.

When you click The button, winbox simply connects to the mikrotik.com server and asks - are there any better keys for this SoftID? In your case it said - I don't see any keys for this SoftID.

filzek
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 07, 2010 5:58 am

In your case, the SoftID is not in our database because of some mistake when sending out the box. It's possible you didn't tell your mikrotik.com username to the sales person. Email mikrotik support and we will update the database, so that this command works correctly.

When you click The button, winbox simply connects to the mikrotik.com server and asks - are there any better keys for this SoftID? In your case it said - I don't see any keys for this SoftID.

Okay, I did it yesterday, tomorrow we will try to update the RB450G again, but there is 100 units in this same situation. My costumers are getting crazy with this problem and say that we are incompetentm if you can help us, ple do as request, the order invoice from Mikrotik is 1003310504

thanks

Eder

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 07, 2010 9:09 am

mail support with the serial number of one of these routers, and if they are all from the same shipment or order, we will fix them all at once.