Community discussions

charliebrown
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Global Shortage?

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Is anyone else having issues getting bulk RB units? It seems like there are shortages all around according to our main supplier

roadracer96
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Global Shortage?

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 am

Yeah. Been really pissing me off. Having to buy RB411s instead of ARs, then PAYING to upgrade them to level 4. Cant get 493AHs, bought out 2 vendors 450G supplies.

Of course, now that I have a couple hundred units in the field, im a captive audience, they dont need to cater to me.

charliebrown
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:48 am

Yep looking like we'll have to buy our supplier out of things aswell, Come on MT let us know whats going on

oikorb
just joined

Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:11 pm

any news about the shortage? our local distributors have no mikrotik products in stock at all...

freethought
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:52 pm

The RB1100 has been unavailable for some time now with no real word from MikroTik and ever shifting re-stock dates. There was another thread here the other day about the lack of RB1100 units throughout Europe and I wrote a post in it about how the way that MikroTik have handled the migration from the RB1000 to the inferior RB1100 with months of no "high end" router model and then the subsequent lack of stock of the replacement model is a good example of why MikroTik can't be taken seriously as a stable and reliable alternative supplier to Cisco or Juniper. Then the thread mysteriously disappears...
Freethought Internet Limited - Hosting and communications
Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: The Old Church Hall, 2A Cromwell Street, Lincoln, LN2 5LP. VAT number GB 987 0952 66.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Not that I'm not also aching for RB1100s (I'll need 60 in January and probably won't get them), but both Juniper and Cisco have had stock problems this year. You should have tried to get ASA 5510s or 5520s in the US just before summer - that was fun.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:20 am

We have a problem with the manufacturer of an important part, they shifted the delivery date with no warning and put us and you in this position. I'm very sorry, we have already sourced another manufacturer for the future models.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

earljack

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:06 am

The RB1100 has been unavailable for some time now with no real word from MikroTik and ever shifting re-stock dates. There was another thread here the other day about the lack of RB1100 units throughout Europe and I wrote a post in it about how the way that MikroTik have handled the migration from the RB1000 to the inferior RB1100 with months of no "high end" router model and then the subsequent lack of stock of the replacement model is a good example of why MikroTik can't be taken seriously as a stable and reliable alternative supplier to Cisco or Juniper. Then the thread mysteriously disappears...
I know what you mean. When I first joined this forum 2 years ago I had one of my threads deleted.

It was about why Mikrotik didn't have a repeater mode in ROS. I pointed out that DD-WRT could do it with an Atheros or Broadcom chip and a single WLAN interface without requiring WDS, but ROS couldn't. I requested the feature, and before I could get any official response my thread disappeared. Well, in a way I guess that was an official response...

Mikrotik admins decided they didn't want me to talk about certain things or for me suggest things that they didn't want to hear, so I decided to not participate in the community since I didn't get a very warm welcome and this place is so blatantly censored. It sounds like things haven't changed. I wish the admins weren't drinking the same censorship juice that Steve Jobs and his clowns drink (I do love my iPhone 4 though :D ).

I'm thinking about rejoining this community, but I wouldn't be surprised if this post just disappeared overnight. :? Censorship really doesn't belong on a forum unless it benefits the community. This should be a place to discuss anything Mikrotik, whether it is good or bad. We should be able to praise Mikrotik and its products and employees when they do amazing things, and complain when they do things we don't like. That is how we can make Mikrotik better and how we can teach each other, learn from our mistakes, and really become a true community.

Are you with me, admins? 8) Give me confidence to participate in this community and not fear having my hard thought out topics that I spend hours on just vanish into thin air like they never existed... Please stop deleting topics and posts.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 am

So you post another complete offtopic post, and act surprised that your posts get deleted? How is this related to the original question or the discussion?

earljack

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:34 am

So you post another complete offtopic post, and act surprised that your posts get deleted? How is this related to the original question or the discussion?
Is this directed at me? If so, see below, if not, nevermind.

No no. I think you might have misunderstood my post. Maybe read it again. I thought it made sense... My post in THIS thread had nothing to do with the original post. I was just replying to freethought about his complaint of the topic he was referring to being deleted.

The thread that I said was deleted was totally separate from this thread and was from over 2 years ago. My thread being deleted made me so mad that I decided not to be part of this community. I haven't posted here for a long time. I just noticed that someone said something happened to them that was similar to what happened to me. I couldn't resist to reply with the hopes that I could make a difference in this forum about getting rid of censorship here. Based on your reply it seems I have failed, or I have at least failed to communicate my concerns.

On topic comment: I am also having trouble getting RB450s and RB1100s. I'm happy to say that I am able to get RB411UAHRs. I did have trouble a couple months ago getting RB433AHs, but I finally got a hold of some. I hope your new supplier works out for you!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:37 am

My post in THIS thread had nothing to do with the original post
So please stop the offtopic, and if you have problems with the forum administration, email support.

bhamhotspots

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:41 am

As a Cisco Gold Partner here in the States, I can tell you we have seen the backorders for Cisco ASA and other gear because of corporate changes that were made. Juniper as well as Adtran have had shortages because of demand.

You know how to create a demand for a product? Don't make enough of it.

:)
www.Got-WiFi.com / Cloud Based Authentication & Billing solution (For Hotspot Users with captive portal page & fixed wireless users without a captive portal page)

gmsmstr
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:15 pm

There are also other MikroTik based products available. They have a list on-line as well as you can google! Many people are purchasing PowerRouter 732s cause they are supported, tested, years of reliability, as well as are in-stock.

Just a FYI, there are other options.
Dennis Burgess, MCTCE, MTCNA, MCTCTE, MTCWE, MTCNIE, A+, N+, MCP, MTCSE Mikrotik Certified Consultant / Trainer
Need Mikrotik Support: http://www.linktechs.net -- Link Technologies, Inc.
-- Author of "Learn RouterOS: Second Edition"

oikorb
just joined

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:30 am

We have a problem with the manufacturer of an important part, they shifted the delivery date with no warning and put us and you in this position. I'm very sorry, we have already sourced another manufacturer for the future models.
Any news?
My supplier in Greece, (aerial.net) has run out of almost everything

danielillu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Same problem here in spain.

I've been waiting for RB1100 since July. Then there was no hurry. Now it is becoming more urgent so I thought about using temporary an RB450G or RB493AH but... there are also no units in stock.

Hope Mikroitk providers solve their problems fast so we can have our boards soon.

And I hope also that Mikrotik have planned a big production increase to attend the accumulated demand.

Docteh

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:36 am

hopefully the RB1100's become available in time for christmas ;)

roc-noc.com
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:33 am

We have been able to keep most MT products in stock although it has been a real chore this summer.

As a distributor, if you play by MT rules, plan well in advance, and order plenty of stock, you can do just fine.

If you miss any of these points, you will have nothing to sell.

That said, it appears that MT has been catching up on back orders. I only have three or four that have not been filled.

And yes, some RB1100 are shipping this month to those that planned way ahead. Although it looks like they will be in short supply through March 2011.

Tom
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.roc-noc.com
Tom, CCNA, ISP, USA Mikrotik Distributor
888-762-5662
-----------------------------------------------

freethought
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:25 am

Although it looks like they will be in short supply through March 2011.
:(

Thanks for the update Tom.
Freethought Internet Limited - Hosting and communications
Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: The Old Church Hall, 2A Cromwell Street, Lincoln, LN2 5LP. VAT number GB 987 0952 66.

Beccara
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:42 pm

Great, so the only RouterBoard that can handle a full BGP table is going to be out of stock till Q2 next year

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:34 am

Great, so the only RouterBoard that can handle a full BGP table is going to be out of stock till Q2 next year
But Tom said that he is already is receiving new RB1100. End users will get it soon (from him for example). That march date (which I can't confirm) does not concern end users.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 am

We have been told by our distributor that there are 3 batches in production at the moment, for December, January and February and that we will received our stock from the first batch in around 2 weeks.

If there was a RB1100 with 2x full speed SFP's and multi-core CPU we would buy even more ;) oh and must support realistic MTU's as 1524 is just too small for VPLS...
http://thebrotherswisp.com/ | Mikrotik MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCINE | Fortinet FTCNA, FCNSP, FCT | Extreme Networks ENA

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:41 am

Sales issues should be discussed with MikroTik or Distributors, I will close the thread.