MikroTik App

xlteks
just joined
Topic Author

routerboard hard drive full

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 pm

I do not use user manager.

I checked graphs and they are not on.

I looked at the log, doesn't seem like much- a reboot usually clears it anyway.

I disabled unneeded packages: hotspot(i want to use in the future)
all i have enabled is:
advanced tools
dhcp
mpls
ppp
routerboard
routing
security
system
wireless

i removed all backup files too. i dont know what i have to do so i am not pegged at 100% on the hard drive space.

it wont even let me make changes without clearing files out. what to do?

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: routerboard hard drive full

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi,

netinstall the board.

Use netinstall.

xlteks
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi,

netinstall the board.

Use netinstall.
i have subscribers off of that ap right now. and many like it too. hmph

xlteks
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:57 am

Hi,

netinstall the board.

Use netinstall.
i have subscribers off of that ap right now. and many like it too. hmph
-----------------

i cant believe no one knows how to clean the hard drive out on these things. I have been searching the forums and nothing i find covers my situation. i dont get why they are full!!!!?

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:36 pm

If your hard drive is full and you say there is nothing you can see to delete in 'files', then export all your settings, netinstall to completely clean it as Ibersystems states, then re-import all your settings. The whole process takes a few minutes and your problem is gone.

xlteks
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 pm

If your hard drive is full and you say there is nothing you can see to delete in 'files', then export all your settings, netinstall to completely clean it as Ibersystems states, then re-import all your settings. The whole process takes a few minutes and your problem is gone.

netinstall can only be done via serial right?

if so then I would have to climb up 20 different towers, bring the board down to the ground, hook up serial cable and do netinstall..

then climb back up..

is this really the only option?

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 pm

without more detailed information about the state of your RB is in, yes. What does it list in 'files'? Have you enabled very large logging files in /system logging?

If you want to contact me direct (see below) by giving me a read account and an IP I am happy to investigate an example routerboard for you and tell you your options.

But with the info you have provided so far, it's difficult to say for sure why the RB disk is full, or the best method to fix it.

xlteks
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:25 pm

without more detailed information about the state of your RB is in, yes. What does it list in 'files'? Have you enabled very large logging files in /system logging?

If you want to contact me direct (see below) by giving me a read account and an IP I am happy to investigate an example routerboard for you and tell you your options.

But with the info you have provided so far, it's difficult to say for sure why the RB disk is full, or the best method to fix it.

that sounds great! can we reconnect lil later.. trying to get out of the house and enjoy the hour of sunlight we have left.. ttyl!!! thanks!!!

i would love to give u read access!

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 pm

It's a small world. Pitch dark here and very soon it will be time for sleeping! :-)

just send me an email to "mikrotik at nest dot gg" and I'll gladly have a quick look.

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Can you send me a supout file to revise?

Thanks!

tombrdfrd66
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:50 am

So is there a resolution of this problem?

I have a RB433 up a tower at the top of a mountain (RouterOS v4.14 - not running User-Manager) now showing no space on the hdd and no files in the file list. So I can't upgrade it or change the password.

tombrdfrd66
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 am

So is there a resolution of this problem?

I have a RB433 up a tower at the top of a mountain (RouterOS v4.14 - not running User-Manager) now showing no space on the hdd and no files in the file list. So I can't upgrade it or change the password.
Further to the above I have Dude 4.0Beta3 installed. If I uninstall this will it also delete any Dude files on the hdd? 'Store list' give me an active store for Dude1 - but if I try to delete this I get the message "could not remove Store <dude1> - store is used (6)", which is well in line with the utterly pointless and completely unhelpful error messaging policies of Mikrotik.

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 am

How do you read suppout file?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:35 am

How do you read suppout file?
in your mikrotik.com account there is a reader

pedja
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:34 pm

That's nice. Never noticed it.

TomBradford
just joined

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:48 pm

So. Is there a solution to this?

I Have a RB433L. Resources reports a Total HDD Size of 61.4MB and Free HDD Space 0kb. File list shows just one folder 'Skins' on the HDD, and 64.1MB of 64.1MB used. Store list shows Dude active.

I did once hit the 'export' to disk button in Dude thinking, you know, that in the usual way of such things it would then ask me where I wanted to export the configuration to but no, in their own inimitable way the genii at Mikrotik seem not only to 'export' it to the same drive it's presumably already stored in, they also hide it in a way that makes it impossible to delete it from the disk rendering a reasonably expensive and otherwise perfectly functioning RouterBoard useless.

I suppose it's my fault for not sacrificing my eldest virgin daughter to the Gods of Mikrotik before experementing with Dude in order to obtain enlightenment as to how in their infinite wisdom they decided to do these things.

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 pm

I suppose it's my fault for not sacrificing my eldest virgin daughter to the Gods of Mikrotik before experementing with Dude
:lol: :lol:

teknowene
just joined

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 pm

I discovered that I have the same problem, however, I have graphing turned on and I think it is the problem as it is storing to disk... I cannot find a way to clear it... I rebooted and it seems better no more messages, but I am thinking that is the same thing....

Michael.

luiskcrs
just joined

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:53 pm

I am getting the same. My RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition it is showing Disk Full (in the File Option the free space is 0%.)

I am trying to delete some files but the router doesn't let me to do it. It gives me an error.

This is my main router so it is not trivial to reset it to see what happens. I am starting to search for options to know what to do.

Why I see this? Because suddenly this router lost all the users configured and restore the admin default user.

Any advise? Thanks