Community discussions

MikroTik App

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

RB450G power light comes on but no serial console output

Sat May 21, 2011 8:33 pm

I have a new RB450G which I configured two days ago. Everything looked good. I upgraded it to RouterOS 5.2 since this one is going to the far ends of the network where problems will be containable. I don't think the RouterOS 5.2 upgrade is related to the problem. I believe routerboard firmware was 2.29 before the RouterOS upgrade.

I left it sitting on my desk, powered down, overnight. The next morning the install tech grabbed it and one other RB450G to install on the two new towers.

He later called in saying he couldn't get a link light on any of the ethernet ports on this RB450G, the other was fine.

Now that I have the problem RB450G back, I plug it into power, the blue power LED comes on, but there is no output on the serial port and there are no beeps. The ethernet ports do not seem to be enabled.

I believe I have properly pushed the reset button and the circular pads labelled reset.

The capacitors look good. I have not been able to spot any IC damage. The spot labeled Y501 is empty, but it's empty on the other 450G I still have which works. I don't recall looking closely enough at the others we've used. Y501 empty is probably normal.

Is there anything else I can do to trouble-shoot this?