Community discussions

MikroTik App

namaste
just joined
Topic Author

Forgot my password on RB crossroads

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Can somebody help me on this, i was not able to access my rb using winbox because i forgot my password. i tried to press the reset button but nothing happends. pls help me. thanks

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Forgot my password on RB crossroads

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:52 pm

NetInstall it and uncheck the "keep configuration" checkbox. You will obviously lose your configuration.

CCDKP
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:25 pm

You need to hold the reset button in while you plug the power in then probably for a good 30 seconds while it boots. This will remove the configuration in the process.

If you have a valid backup file, there iso an unofficial and unsupported tool which can usually extract the password from the .backup. I haven't tried it on an RB Crossroads, but I know it works on other mipsLE devices (532 & 411). I have used it in the 2.X and 3.X firmwares, but I haven't tried anything past that. It does need to be compiled and run on a linux system, so it isn't the best plan if you aren't comfortable with that. If you still feel inclined to use it, a little googling for a tool called MTPass by Manio should get you there.

namaste
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:04 am

Thank you guys for the help. now i need to reconfigure this thing...

satish
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:18 am

there is another way to find out lost or forgot password without pressing reset button or reconfiguring router.

mikrotikpasswordrecovery.com/

just enter the URl and then upload your last backup file of router which you need.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:48 pm

And then that website has the IP addressing of your router, and the usernames and passwords. Because you uploaded your entire configuration.

So I'd personally use that with care.