Community discussions

MikroTik App

ringlet
Topic Author

Rb 711 MMCX problems problems problems

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi,
I would like "to thank" the whole team mikrotik for having destroyed a really nice platform rb711, in looking for savings. I protest against such an approach.

At least 30% of purchased equipment "rb711 MMCX" in the last four months have:
- Problems with memory and gives the error: kernel panic and restarts every few minutes
- The problem of symmetry signal RX / TX to 30dB difference!
- The problem with working in low temperatures, where there is a sudden loss of power of radio track
- Problem with the size of a standard MMCX connector

The tragedy, never until now did not have so many problems with the newly purchased equipment.

do something about it, devise an official position and do not you hiding your heads in the sand.

Loyal user of Mikrotik devices
Lukasz Hamerski
Poland, Gdynia

This is a summary of this post:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 7&start=50

I am really pissed... so much work in the cold for nothing, and so many upset customers ....

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Rb 711 MMCX problems problems problems

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:17 am

what are your support ticket numbers? I will check the status.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:26 am

I agree! The original topic was locked while the problem is not resolved.
We have completely stopped buying rb711, because for those problems not worth it.

Problems with TX / RX differencce 30 db are known from beginning November 2011
New problems arise from the cold. Users on forum (Czech Republic) reports that components fall off due to frost! I make photo

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:28 am

that problem has been solved already, if you still have a device with big tx/rx signal differences, send it to warranty repair. all new devices that are shipping since last month can't have such issues anymore.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 am

that problem has been solved already, if you still have a device with big tx/rx signal differences, send it to warranty repair. all new devices that are shipping since last month can't have such issues anymore.
Ok, but
You never tell what was causing the issue?
Temporary solution to remove the RF shielding plate. The solution we do not like.
You were not willing to tell what serial number rb711 are free of the problem. This "policy Mikrotik" we do not like. So stay with RB411 + cards

We can not buy rb711 and hope that this series will have a good :(

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 am

hardware repair is needed, that's why you need to send to warranty. new models are already shipping with different design, since a month already.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 am

New models are already shipping with different design, since a month already.
Can you say what changes? How to identify old and new revision?

colir
just joined

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi,

I've registered on this board specially to reply in this topic.

The problem is that we bought NEW RB711-5Hn from WISP.PL in second half of January and the problem still exists!

Client called me (28.01) that he hasn't got access to the Internet. I was log in to the base and i saw that his CPE is not registered. We decided to go on his roof (in snow, with tiles in ice and temperature was -15 *C) and change CPE to new with RB from our last delivery. After few hours the same client call me again that his Internet is very slow. I'm logging on his CPE and what I saw? Signal like -65/-89 and his CPE often disconnecting). After few days, when temperature was about 0*C what was happened? Signal on the same CPE is -65/-65! And that's not a secluded case, we had a lot of cases in the same time like that.

Second reason of my decision to write here is time of receiving RB sent to warranty repair. I'm (and not only me, I read on other boards ie. Trzepak.pl that other Polish owners of RB have the same problem) waiting for receive RB a lot of moths!

So, why the ISPs must freeze or loss (because of dissatisfied clients) money because of your mistake?!

Regards,
Oliver Cieliszak
From somewhere in Poland

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:25 pm

The problem is that we bought NEW RB711-5Hn from WISP.PL in second half of January and the problem still exists!
this doesn't mean they bough it from MikroTik in january. MikroTik started shipping new devices in january. Your distributor possibly purchased it last year.

RMA will solve your problem.

colir
just joined

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:36 pm

this doesn't mean they bough it from MikroTik in january. MikroTik started shipping new devices in january. Your distributor possibly purchased it last year.
So,
How to identify old and new revision?
And why my post was censored?

savage
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Distributor gets the hardware, distributor powers it up, distributor deems the device to work.

Now what? Distributor claims hardware is not faulty, and refuses to replace it.

soooc

Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Cold - about 25% death TX RB711 bought in past, 1 month - 1 year ago. In warm all is ok.

What can we do? I think, I have mikrotik bomb in network and it seem i will change a lot of hardware and lose a lot of money ...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 pm

What can we do?
return for warranty service, like said above. if can't do that, removing shield completely solves the issue.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 pm

What can we do?
return for warranty service, like said above. if can't do that, removing shield completely solves the issue.
A new revision has a different RF sheet? How do we recognize new revision? You can put pictures here? Thank you!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:52 pm

no, new revision has hardware difference that doesn't require removing of the shield. there is no difference other than it simply doesn't have this issue.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:59 pm

I understand that. But explain to us how these new revisions to know? Distributors still have the old defective pieces. And those we do not want to buy! I explained it clearly?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:04 pm

I understand that. But explain to us how these new revisions to know? Distributors still have the old defective pieces. And those we do not want to buy! I explained it clearly?
distributors are returning any affected devices for fixing, they are not selling any defective devices

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:19 pm

How do I know that you purchased the board is in order? What is the difference? You will answer, or you walk around the bush?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 pm

How do I know that you purchased the board is in order? What is the difference? You will answer, or you walk around the bush?
if there is signal, device is fine. the problem is clearly visible. if your TX signal is 30-40 lower than RX signal, return to RMA.

to repeat:
  • - distributors sell working units
    - if you see big signal anomalies, contact distributors for replacement
    - forum users can't solve hardware issues, contact distributor or mikrotik directly, if you want official response

marinak01
just joined

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Are you joking me normis? What is difficult to take a 2 photos, first with bad series and second with NEW series and tell to us, what is different? We just want to know that! We want to know if our seller after RMA send to us NEW RB or send the bad series? It's hard to understand?

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:18 pm

- forum users can't solve hardware issues, contact distributor or mikrotik directly, if you want official response
Sorry Normis, but

Distributors sell us still BAD series in January and February. At least it relates to the Czech Republic and Poland. It can confirm more people (hapi, colir)
I ask mikrotik (support) directly but I still knew nothing

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:18 am

the picture would be the same, only different values on a few passive parts to correct issues with some antennas and pig tails that had bad characteristics and that didn't like these parts

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:20 am

Sorry Normis, but

Distributors sell us still BAD series in January and February. At least it relates to the Czech Republic and Poland. It can confirm more people (hapi, colir)
I ask mikrotik (support) directly but I still knew nothing
contact them and ask for RMA. like I said, not all devices are affected, if you don't complain to them, they probably assume everything is fine. We have no control over the policy of distributors, but I can repeat again - you need to contact them, and send back the affected device.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:55 pm

no, that is not the reason. we will correct the specs. the unaffected RB711 devices have same temperature range as others, around -30 to +70