- 4 MINI PCI Slot
- Enough Memory
- Gigabit Ethernet more then 2 port.
- PoE

Dobby

Re: Request Recommandation of X86 board

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:29 am

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 am

I need 200Mbps or more throughput.
4 Mini PCI slot 3X3 mimo.
Low reduce of performance in MESH topology.

Do you think RB800 is suitable?
If RB800 install one 3X3 mimo and four 3X3 mimo,
Throughput might be reduced?

Dobby

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:23 am

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobby

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:43 am

Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 am

Hi Dubby,
If 3X3 minipci card X 4 unit at one RB800....
I worry two things.
1. High CPU Load may cause of low throughput
2. 3X3 X 4unit may cause RF interference and it occur low throughput.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62823
Hi Roy,

The RB800 was pointing exactly what your were asking for at your first threat post.
OK it was not matching to the x86 platform, but the rest should go.

If you are plain asking for a kind of platform, by showing up only some simple points and then you´ll giving even anybody is
answering to this thread some more slices of information or in other words step by step what you are planing or want to do
that will be a never ending story, sorry for this answer but perhaps better for us both.
As an short example what I mean with my words:
"I need 200Mbps or more throughput."
8 Bit = 1 Byte that means for me the 200 Mega Bytes or more per second as you will need as the following:
1600 Mega Bit (1,6 GBit/s) per second : 8 = 200 Mega Byte per second or more you will need and I am showing you up a device with "only" 1 GBit/s and this fairly can´t work!!!!!!!!

"4 Mini PCI slot 3X3 mimo."
You was asking for 4 mini PCI Slots and the RB800 is offering 4 mini PCI and 1 mini PCIe slot.
But with the famous and biggest case if have seen for the RB800 with "only" 13 antenna holes this will also not work for setup!!! please have a look at the attached link in the next line.
http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.vol ... 6-WM-4.jpg
The manufacturer is KAM fabrication and the seller is titan wireless http://www.titanwirelessonline.com
Low reduce of performance in MESH topology
Why not all at first please? And also how great (the size I mean) should this mesh to be and over what kind of area we are talking, please? An apartment, a house, a shopping mall, a camping place or a city?

I normal cases I am not answering in that cases, because this "salami tactic" is like you ask a plain question and than
some one is answering to you and there fore all needing facts will be pulled out at least like a from a salami slice by slice and this this makes no sense at all for me.

MikroTik is offering for each kind of network a solution, but that is not even fitting in one box!
Perhaps you consider not really my words or solutions but this should be something like in this direction for you.
To split the work and the load, can be the fastest, most powerful and much effective thing in networking.
A car likes a Fiat 500 with the speed of an Porsche cayenne and the power of a Caterpillar, for only 10 dollars, you will usually never find in normal sorted car stores or shops! If you need something like this you have to assemble out your own machine and there comes more and more problems to you. So perhaps you think about the setup and consider to split the network to a very large or powerful core router as an entry point to the Internet or what ever you need and store many wlan routers to build a meshed wlan network. In my opinion you go a faster and better way by using the RB435 as wlan access points in the network and so you haven´t the pain for hardcore administration.

To be sure that we both are talking now about the same thing this are two setup for a meshed network likes 802.11s
and not a many wlan stations to one wlan core router in adhoc mode, likes a partial wlan mesh topology!!!

x86
An Ogma Connect core router with an extra linux based DNS server in the DMZ and a D-Link Switch likes the DGS-1500-20 or DGS-1500-28 and a bounch of routers (how many you will ever really need) from MikroTik RB435
in the following case from i4wifi, with 10 antenna output holes per case.
http://www.i4wifi.eu/MikroTik-other-1/i ... mddtbhek14

But regarding to the "word" mesh topology, this is a very large network terrain and there are over 70 network protocols out to suite and serve each different cases from using them and each mesh point must or should act as a router and have also to store the wholes entry. but the switches are Layer 3 and speeding up the whole roundup and they are dynamic stackable over the SFP ports, to build a virtual stack that is administer over one single ip adress.

Native MikroTik (is better)
A core router likes the MT CCR1036, RB1200 or RB1100AHx2
A linux based DNS server in the DMZ with much RAM (8 - 16 GB)
A D-Link DGS-1500-20 or DGS-1500-28 layer 3 Switch
And than you could have a look where your four 3x3 mimo cards gos in
1 x the big case from KAM fabrication for the RB800 with 13 antenna holes or
2 x the big case from i4wifi for the RB435 with 10 antenna holes but you need two of them or
4 x the RB435 + standard case but with maximal throughput for each wlan uplink

I my opinion you go better with the second (MikroTik native) setup, because:

The MT core router allows you easily to setup a DMZ for the DNS server and 4 vlan´s for the different networks
With the D-Link DGS-1500-20 Layer 3 switch you have also a powerful companion that is speeding up your network
allows you also to easily to grow up and building switch stacks if needed and it owns also 4 SFP ports if you go with the ccr-1036 a also another very interesting option
The switch allows you to build up lag´s or trunks to the core router, that means much more throughput if you want
The switch allows you to connect more than 1 network cable to the switch because it uses loop prevention
The 4 RB435G routers should act only as a wlan access point, in ap mode, so they don´t have to store all the connections and are able to handle better the only "one" wlan connection and this means more speed to you.

You see Roy this will be a never ending story, if you don´t pull out at first please what you really want and need, perhaps the best way in this case is that you are going to draw a small picture from you network!
I former times I was made very good experiences with yEd Graph, it is total free for home and non commercial use and
also availably for many platforms, likes Linux, MacOS and Windows based machines.

Easy to use and you are able to export it as a jpg file. So perhaps it will be easier to tell around what you need.