Community discussions

MikroTik App

mtmx80
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Is it possible to use SMB service for USB printer sharing?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Is it possible to use SMB service for USB printer sharing on RouterBoards with USB ports? That may be interesting feature for home and small office users.

lordkappa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Is it possible to use SMB service for USB printer sharin

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:51 am

Not currently. SMB filesharing was only added recently, so who knows what the future holds, but with the proliferation of wifi capable printers, I don't think this feature would be a priority.

elgo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Not currently. SMB filesharing was only added recently, so who knows what the future holds, but with the proliferation of wifi capable printers, I don't think this feature would be a priority.
Hey, you don't know, who thought files sharing feature would be implemented someday on routers in first place?
Ha ha ha.

taduikis

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:03 am

Accessing usb from metarouter guest would open lots of possibilities. But I think this ain't done easily..

mahnet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:34 am

This should be a good feature request. Lot of SOHO Routers r already giving support of USP Printer sharing and now they have started giving 2 USB. TPLINK , BELKIN , DLINK all in the fray.
Mikrotik should have it too with RB 951-2n i thought they would have already got it in. But surprised Mikrotik launches a SOHO Router with no USB.