Community discussions

MikroTik App

semix
just joined
Topic Author

strange problem with RB433

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Hello

I have in my networ few of 433's. One of them makes me smoe problems and I can not find the cause. This 433 is equipped with three radio modules 5Ghz , 5Ghz , 2,4Ghz and everything work's fine until evening (maybe it's related to increased network traffic). The reasons unknown to me suddenly stop working radio-clients conected to RB. They are still visible in registration list with good signals bat ping reaches ... 400...800...100 ms and finaly doesnt answer. I noticed that the CPU load reaches 80%. I tried everything. I changed the radio channels, SSID, passwords, even radio modules - nothing helped. At the end I turned off the bridge (every interface is briged in the same bridge) at the moment - all conections stopped. After turning brigde on - everything is ok ... pings to clients 1-2ms. CPU load - about 10-20% .. Unfortunately - after a few dozen minutes, the problem returns. I wonder if it is not the fault of the RouterBoard - works continuously for 5 years. Firmware is upgraded to version 5.21 (I update whenever there is new) - maybe it's not good - radio modules are old - one CM9 and two Mikrotik R52.
I do not know what's going on - please help!

I noticed yesterday on evening - when I'm loging on RB via winbox - it's disconecting without any reason ... few seconds after loging (sometimes little longer)
second thing - maybe important - system/resources/bad blocks 8,2% (the rest of my RB's has 0%)

Regards Sebastian

rmichael
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: strange problem with RB433

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:09 pm

If it happened after the upgrade, why don't you try to downgrade and see if it helps? Some on this board report problems with traffic stopping so maybe what you're experiencing is due to v5.21...

semix
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 pm

this happened without my interference. I was updating the firmware to remove this accident - no result. Today I have found something new. In my network main router is computer with debian and software for traffic shaping, assign IP addresses to clients, etc. As soon as there is a problem just reload the router settings, and for some time there is peace. So maybe it is not a problem with Mikrotik. Maybe something else in the network interfere with his work. In any case I mentioned this to the new routerboard - RB433AH (680MHz CPU) - it did not help - but the CPU load does not exceed 50% now.

karina

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32 pm

sounds to me like some client is killing your AP. probably torrents or similar

semix
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 pm

It can be true - but how to check it ? On new routerboard I have sd-card - I think about loging every event. Is it a good idea to solve this problem? I should add that I do not know how to run these logs: (