Community discussions

MikroTik App

reamz
just joined
Topic Author

RouterBoard 411 v2.39

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Hey Guys,

Big Problem!! we have an installation of Mikrotik RB411 (4 APs) A to B, C to D (C & D) next to each other. (sorry i'm not very technical with this)
Connection between the 4 is perfect, signal is perfect.
1st - we had the system connected to our company's network and of course connected to the DSL modem, A is the one connected to the company's network. This gave us a big problem of flooding the network, some programs became very slow (network programs) and sometimes you loose connection to the internet. Then we connected A to the DSL modem itself and also no internet access sometimes even in the company, then we connected A to a router and also same problem. no internet connection but you can access the company's network.
we changed the wireless card and changed the board on system A.
Then we separated the system from the company's network and connected A directly to a DSL modem. Now every now and then sometimes several times a day sometimes several times per hour we loose internet connection and we need to restart A to work again.
Also don't know if this relevant and also funny but since the last couple of weeks, D is connected to my building and gives connection to my home and my brother's home. my brother have all MAC laptops and phone he and his wife and whenever he comes back home the internet goes right away. we have to restart A, also sometimes i have internet in my home but he doesn't. we restart A he has internet for couple of minutes and then gone again.
Also one time we tried to restart B instead of A and also internet came back again.
But when u ping A from my home, sometimes the response is slow however B, C, & D have fast response.

This is really a very weird problem! and very frustrating!! the guy that installed the system does not have anything he can think of that could cause this problem!
I have searched couple of posts about the auto negotiation: disabled, rate: 100Mbps and Full Duplex: on.

I have these setting on all ends.

Please help!
Thx!

Dobby

Re: RouterBoard 411 v2.39

Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

reamz
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RouterBoard 411 v2.39

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Hey Dobby,

The hardware is installed outdoors but everything is housed in ip rated electrical boxes.
My signal strength on both links fluctuates between -38 and -42 .. (on tx and rx)...
My setup is rather pretty simple:
I have a DSL modem installed with a wired con. to A. A connects to B wirelessly.. (about 700m Los, mikrotik says 1km )
B connects to C via network cable (there is actually a linksys switch there because initially we thought the problem might be caused from the network connection) then C connects to D via wireless.. about same distance as first link.

Do u think that this is a problem from the board? You think it would be worthwhile to try with the bigger board, although You should note that traffic is rather low compared to other links I have installed on these boards....

As for the qos.. it was already disabled on my router..

Any suggestions that do not require hardware change are useful as I doubt it could be the hardware... You agree?