Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

mehul
just joined
Topic Author

Router Board cannot connect

Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:34 pm

I’m trying to setup a mikrotik router board 532, I can connect the router board via serial port after that it says starting services and then hang’s up, I have tried to reset the configuration but still having the same problem. It doesn’t give me access to the Ethernet port, I cannot connect thru the Ethernet port, so is there any possible solution to get this issued solved :?:

:arrow:
RouterBOOT booter 1.5

RouterBoard 532

CPU frequency: 264 MHz
Memory size: 32 MB

Press any key within 1 seconds to enter setup.
loading kernel from nand... OK
setting up elf image... OK
jumping to kernel code
Starting...
Starting services...

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:49 pm

I am having the same problem. I hope someone can help us. Mine was working but was having a problem so I tried to do an upgrade and now have nothing. I have upgraded others without problems but this could be a hardware issue. Next I logged in through serial and tried making changes but no luck. Netinstall didn't work for me either but maybe I don't know how to use it right.

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:55 pm

You'll have to do a netinstall and reimage the NAND storage. If you recently purchased it I'd RMA it and get the supplier to send out a new one.

I think Mikrotik has a netinstaller on their download page, you'll have to serial into the RB500 and configure the BIOS to boot from the network interface, this is done from the section that says "press any key to enter setup". Then install the software on a PC/Laptop and make sure all the firewalls are disabled on the PC. You should be able to reimage the drive that way and restore it to working condition. You'll probably have to re-register the license, I'd check with mikrotik or the distributer on the licensing information.