Community discussions

MikroTik App

Trekkie
Topic Author

RouterBoard 493G and MicroSD Slot

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:49 pm

How do I ensure I have the card in right/it's enabled?

I purchased a SanDisk 32GB UDHC MicroSD card (http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory- ... acity=32GB)

I installed it, I think. It was seen in 5.23, but it wouldn't format. So I thought update to the latest RC10 of 6.0 just in case, and now it's not listed at all or I can't find it.

It's not clear to me from the Wiki where it is supposed to show up. I inserted the card the only way it would slide in easily and pushed it until it stopped.

Any suggestions/things I can provide to help see what I'm doing wrong? Or is this just a card that doesn't work?

Neilson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: RouterBoard 493G and MicroSD Slot

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 am

It should be found in System > Stores under disks

If it hasn't come up after the upgrade try shutting down the mikrotik and then pull out the power. Then plug it back in and see if it appears. If so then try a reboot in software and see if it disappears.

This is a known problem if it does disappear.

I have had very good luck myself with the Ultra class 10 cards (Strontium 16GB class 10 / Ultra 1) and with the class 2 speed cards.

It seems ones in the middle (class 4, 6 especially) have a problem on soft reboot but they do come live after a full power cycle.

You can try other cards or make sure that you never have it soft reboot ;)

If I can be of more help please let me know.

Regards
Alexander

Trekkie
Topic Author

Re: RouterBoard 493G and MicroSD Slot

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Nice. that seemed to fix it, and after going to 6.0 I could format it too :)

Thank you