Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

SXT back to default configuration after each reboot

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Today, a customer of ours, came with to sxt in hand, claiming that both of them after reboot would go back to default configuration.
I took the two pieces, and at first verified that in fact they would revert back to default configuration after each reboot. Thought at first,
something went wrong with ROS, so did an update of software and firmware. No success. Tried "enable jumper reset", tried "force backup booter",
yet both devices would go back at default configuration after each reboot. This happened by rebooting the sxt from /system reboot, as well as
from powering it off (removing plug) and then powering it up again.
So, the behavior, led me to think that the contacts of reset in the board were not separate any more. I looked at them, and they were pretty
rusted. So I cleaned them gently, using sandpaper, and after that the SXT are back to normal.
-Toni-
Don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT back to default configuration after each reboot

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:00 am

just another case of water corosion inside SXT; new design is not very good also.

ddd
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 am

I cleaned them gently, using sandpaper, and after that the SXT are back to normal.
Until it rusts up again...

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:28 am

I cleaned them gently, using sandpaper, and after that the SXT are back to normal.
Until it rusts up again...
Until then, let's wait and see :)
-Toni-
Don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Well, don't know. Just had a unit with exactly the same issue. But no rust to be seen. Board looks new to me which makes sense, the unit has only been 'out' for 3 weeks approx. We've had some rain, but I have 30+ other units not affected by it at all.... But anyway, RMA....
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

skot
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

We had a similar problem with one SXT. Cabling ran through the secondary cable hole, and was pressing down on the reset button at all times, causing the config to be reset every time the antenna was rebooted. Moved the cable off the button, and the problem went away.
sxt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't need any karma... I have Ιησους Χριστος!

lucky79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:46 am

Just got to same problem with 711GA installed in the Jirous antenna plastic box - so not only SXT problem. The contacts were exactly looking same as the picture of SXT... Actually it happened when I tried to upgrade the board but during the copy it freezed in the middle and router rebooted - never came back (far side of the wireless link), so I had to replace the board and then figured out it is resetting to default all the time.

I was thinking that the reset contacts are probably shortened so tried to clean them with a screw driver, but no luck. Just found this thread so will try the sandpaper too..

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Just got to same problem with 711GA installed in the Jirous antenna plastic box - so not only SXT problem. The contacts were exactly looking same as the picture of SXT... Actually it happened when I tried to upgrade the board but during the copy it freezed in the middle and router rebooted - never came back (far side of the wireless link), so I had to replace the board and then figured out it is resetting to default all the time.

I was thinking that the reset contacts are probably shortened so tried to clean them with a screw driver, but no luck. Just found this thread so will try the sandpaper too..
Since my last posts we are more than a year down the road and I must say the problem has evaporated. I am at v6.27 now but probably for 8 moths or longer never had units loosing configs any more...
It makes sense to keep on updating software....
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.