Community discussions

MikroTik App

shielder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Atheros card couldn't be acknowledge on RB532

Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:53 am

Hi, recently i purchased a few RB532 with CM9 on it. But when i tried to set up the board, i found that the card couldn't be acknowledge by the RB532, on the system>resouce>pci i could see the vendor of chip set is Atheros known by routerOS but on the name segment, it shows "Unknown device". Why is that so? Does anyone know the answer? Thank you.

amar
just joined

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:52 am

I got the same issue too with my 532 board. I have 3 atheros cards installed (I've got the expansion board). The one located at the back slot of the mainboard has this issue. Does anyone know soething more about it?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:36 am

Try to use these cards in the another board,

shielder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:54 am

I have tried every ways i could to revive the card, but the last way to resolve the problem is to buy a new card :D The card seems like broken because of some reason.

tully
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Check that the pigtail u.fl connector is not shorting out (by touch a capacitor or other metal).

John

shielder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:30 pm

When i change the slot with another card, it works fine. So i have conclusion that the card is broken, although i just purchased it and it haven't been operating yet. :oops:

muehlbauer
just joined

RB532

Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:19 am

I echo everyone's frustration with the RB532 and Atheros based wireless mPCI cards.
My conclusions so far is that there are no grounding issues from the dongle. RB/wireless card locks up while changing settings regarding wireless config. For example switching from Station to AP Bridge or changing channels.
Powering off, removing card, powering on, then same again with card back in sometimes brings the interface back, often not.
When I have access to the card I can see other AP's
I have had none of these issues in my desktop PC based routers yet have now own 3 RB532's and 3 different mPCI wireless cards with the same problems sporadically persisting on each combination of RB and wireless card.
At this time I won't put any more effort into troubleshooting what to me definately is a hardware compatibility problem.
Can anyone recommend a routerboard and mPCI wireless card combination which does not have this compaitbility issue?