Community discussions

MikroTik App

ScottSD
just joined
Topic Author

Failed Wireless Router - RB2011UAS-2HnD-IN

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:06 am

I sent 3 emails trying to get any type of response to get my router replaced or fixed - nothing! What does a user need to do to get support@microtik.com to respond? I was following the rma / support instructions, but I received no reply.

I purchased this router and configured it and it was working great........for less than 3 months. Then it D-Conned both systems and ceased working altogether. I reset it to defaults and no address (DHCP) came down. I set static IPs and could not reach the router. I hooked up the micro-USB connection - windows reacted badly and reported that the connected hardware was in error.

I know about routers pretty well and am not afraid to troubleshoot hardware / software. I am not sure the response profile for the USB connection, but I suspect that it is not normal.

how about it Microtik? Loved the router when it was operational, and I am not really happy with my old Linksys one. I bought it internationally (shipped from ubntshop on may 5-7 2013). Would this not qualify for some sort of support as it has been non-functional for over 3 weeks?

Please let me know guys!

Scott
Last edited by ScottSD on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottSD
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Failed Wireless Router - RB2011UAS-2HnD-IN

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Anyone know anything about this?

Forced bump to see if there is anything to be done!

Scott

Neilson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:01 am

Have you contacted UBNTshop?

When you buy a Mikrotik through a distributor / reseller then its that company you contact for warranty claims / RMA.

See point 1. on this page http://rma.mikrotik.com/

Regards
Alexander

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:09 am

Neilson is right

1. Always contact the seller first
2. Also you are writing to a non-existant email address. Just like you can see in the logo in this forum (and also address bar), correct email is support@mikrotik.com (all "k" letters)

ScottSD
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:00 am

Akkkk!

You guys are SOOOO correct and I apologize profusely. I have been sending to support@microtik.com ( no bounce tho! grrr ). I have sent a post to Ubntshop to see what they will do. Thanks much for the heads up.

What are my odds at any kind of resolution here?

thanks Nielson and normis!

Scott

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am

Akkkk!

You guys are SOOOO correct and I apologize profusely. I have been sending to support@microtik.com ( no bounce tho! grrr ).
It is bad email. Right is support@mikrotik.com

Neilson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:48 am

What are my odds at any kind of resolution here?
Scott

You are likely to get a positive result.

Mikrotik have been very good with replacements when something has died and three months is well within the year.

The only thing I will note if that you will need to check with your supplier if they do forward replacements. Otherwise you can wait a while. The supplier will usually do some testing and see if they can do a local repair, if not then they send it back to Mikrotik for repair.

Some suppliers will send you back one and then take the repaired one back into to stock but that is a discussion for you and your supplier.

Regards
Alexander